Are the **Pats in the head of the rest of the league?

I truly believe that this is half of the aura of the New England Patriots.

Are they a talented franchise? No question, from top to bottom. But, look at the game last week against the Giants. Previous to their defeat, Tom Coughlin's record against the **Pats was 6-1!

That included two victories on the grandest stage of them all, SuperBowls XLII and XLVI, the first ending an undefeated and record-setting year for New England.

And the Giants played that way! In fact, they're seemingly the only NFL team that doesn't get caught up and sucked into all of the "invincibility" references that surround the New England Patriots. They don't play intimidated!

As far as other teams go, its almost as if they over-prepare and over think how to stop their offense. All the while, it also seems the rest of their opponents get away from the things they do well because of this.

Rex has handled this week well, which I was not expecting. I'm hoping this isn't smoke and mirrors and the team actually does the same in its preparation.

Are we sloppy at times? Yes. Are we undisciplined at times? Of course.

But the team, when healthy, has shown glimpses of a playoff caliber team, and I believe that just sticking to the things we do well, in all three fazes, gives us a chance.

Don't treat it like its the Super Bowl, treat it as a business trip. Is it more than that? Of course. Both to the fans and the team, but as we saw in week 2,the over hype and over thinking of the game plan left us flat footed.

Do I expect a win? No.

But stranger things have happened, especially in the NFL.

We need to just shut up, show up, and be who we are.

Not "who is supposed to be the team to beat the New England Patriots".

Let the chips fall where they may...

#GoBills

Edited by Buffalo Beeeews

I truly believe that this is half of the aura of the New England Patriots.

Are they a talented franchise? No question, from top to bottom. But, look at the game last week against the Giants. Previous to their defeat, Tom Coughlin's record against the **Pats was 6-1!

That included two victories on the grandest stage of them all, SuperBowls XLII and XLVI, the first ending an undefeated and record-setting year for New England.

And the Giants played that way! In fact, they're seemingly the only NFL team that doesn't get caught up and sucked into all of the "invincibility" references that surround the New England Patriots. They don't play intimidated!

As far as other teams go, its almost as if they over-prepare and over think how to stop their offense. All the while, it also seems the rest of their opponents get away from the things they do well because of this.

Rex has handled this week well, which I was not expecting. I'm hoping this isn't smoke and mirrors and the team actually does the same in its preparation.

Are we sloppy at times? Yes. Are we undisciplined at times? Of course.

But the team, when healthy, has shown glimpses of a playoff caliber team, and I believe that just sticking to the things we do well, in all three fazes, gives us a chance.

Don't treat it like its the Super Bowl, treat it as a business trip. Is it more than that? Of course. Both to the fans and the team, but as we saw in week 2,the over hype and over thinking of the game plan left us flat footed.

Do I expect a win? No.

But stranger things have happened, especially in the NFL.

We need to just shut up, show up, and be who we are.

Not "who is supposed to be the team to beat the New England Patriots".

Let the chips fall where they may...

#GoBills

Good post Solly! The Beeeels will be a different animal this time.

Yes no doubt. They've been beating everyone for so long now combined too many last second field goals, malfunctioning headsets, % of winning coing flips, etc... They are just so hard to beat even teams like the Steelers fear them.

The good news is that the Giants showed the league that they can be beaten, especially without Edelmann