Blown calls

Buffalos#1Fan

That makes sense when someone is already in possession of the ball before it crosses the EZ plane. When possession doesn't start until the player is already in the EZ like with this ODB play, you have to clearly establish possession for the play to be 'dead' like you're describing. I don't think it was all that close because Beckham clearly hadn't established possession before it was knocked out. Yeah, both feet were down and in bounds, but he hadn't yet secured the ball imo.

Probably not. But it was very close. My main objection was overturning it. There was not inconclusive evidence, it was just very, very close that was probably not a catch. The issue is really that as soon as you gain possession with two feet down the play is over in the endzone. That's why it's completely different than the same play in the middle of the field where you have to complete it or do a football move or do the River Dance before it is a completion.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not see the game, but Arizona possibly won a key game on a penalty called on Cinci because a defensive player yelled out things to confuse the Arizona offense. A player can get a penalty for yelling and being too loud. Not obscene or derogatory. He just made too much noise. If it was the fans, we would be celebrating the 12th man. Noise is a part of the game. Ridiculous !

The refs are determining the outcome of more and more games every week, not letting the coaches and players win or loose the game on the field.

Has anyone ever seen this type of penalty called in the final seconds of a game in the NFL before? Is it common now?

I did not see the game, but Arizona possibly won a key game on a penalty called on Cinci because a defensive player yelled out things to confuse the Arizona offense. A player can get a penalty for yelling and being too loud. Not obscene or derogatory. He just made too much noise. If it was the fans, we would be celebrating the 12th man. Noise is a part of the game. Ridiculous !

The refs are determining the outcome of more and more games every week, not letting the coaches and players win or loose the game on the field.

Has anyone ever seen this type of penalty called in the final seconds of a game in the NFL before? Is it common now?

He was calling out fake signals. Trying to get the offensive line to move, which it did. That's a clear violation.