OK, after a self-slam Im ready for a pro-JP

JP-era

I so cannot wait to see what JP has to offer.

Yes, I will agree chances are good that JP stutters and looks bad from time to time. Personally, Im happy with a wildcard spot with many ups and downs from JP's season.

I fully expect to see JP get eatin alive with 4 picks in a game or a few fumbles etc... agaisnt some of the leagues best like Philly. But, I simply cant wait to watch him scramble for a 20 yard TD or throw his first 30 yard TD to Evans or Moulds.

How exciting will it be to watch him layout Zack Thomas, Sam Madison, or Rodney Harrison on a lead block to spring McGahee for a 50 yarder.

The kid has talent, unproven at this point in NFL terms, but talent. He also has an attitude and I cant wait to see that rear its head. Will it be jacking up some o-lineman for missing a block, getting a holding penalty, or a false start? Will it be Evans for running the wrong route?

This is an exciting time for anyone who likes watching young football players grow. And you know that with a few stellar plays, good games, or big wins, the media will start bl_wing him like a chocolate covered trailer hitch.

If nothing else, we get to hear some hype about OUR young QB instead of the Jests, Miami, or that clown Peter Brady (I gotta respect him for the 3 SB rings but I still dont have to like him).

JP could very well bring excitement to the QB spot that we havent seen since Flutie or Kelly. I have been SO sick of the ho..humm QB's who supposedly lead by action or are refered to as "quiet" leaders. I want fire and action. JP has it.

This is a very exciting day for the Bills and I hope it turns out to earn us our SB ring

Amen for TD, and Amen for the beloved Bills!!!!

With JP coming in, our Oline is now the biggest priority to upgrade this offseason. Not only to protect JP, but to establish the running game early and often. We need to put the offense on the shoulders of McGahee and let him carry us until JP feels comfortable. To do this, our Oline needs to be dominating.

With JP coming in, our Oline is now the biggest priority to upgrade this offseason. Not only to protect JP, but to establish the running game early and often. We need to put the offense on the shoulders of McGahee and let him carry us until JP feels comfortable. To do this, our Oline needs to be dominating.

240799[/snapback]

Im 100% in agreement and have been saying this for weeks. Id like our o-line to get the uptmost attention in FA and/or the draft. Id like to see us spend big money on the best guys out there. If there isnt a stud LT like Walter Jones, fine re-sign Jennings but sign a stud LG like Marco Rivera or Cosey Coleman or maybe Joe Andruzzi.

Im worried most about the LT spot. We MUST protect JP's blindside. We simply cant afford to let him get rattled which will stunt his learning curve. I think TD has a trick up his sleeve and lands us a STUD LT!!!!

Coming out of College many scouts compared him to Brett Favre

240795[/snapback]

Its a likeable comparison obviously. I think JP has some more scramble than Favre but certainly not to the level of Vick. I think JP's arm may not be as strong as Favres but he may be a touch more accurate and have better vision.

I also think Brett tends to take a light hearted approach and simply laugh off the stress. I think JP may be more fiery like a Jim Kelly and be a touch more "all-about-business".

But, yes I can see the comparison and yougotta love the thought of having aguy as good as Favre on your team if it turns out to be true.

We don't play philly next year.

240825[/snapback]

Sorry, I miss spoke, I thought we had them on our sched.

NE is the one Im gunning for. But it works against my arguement supporting JP to think that he hiccups against NE. I want JP to go into that game WITHOUT all the baggage that Drew went into that game with. Obviously he wont have that baggage but I want him to go in with an open mind not clouded by the Vulcan-brain-freeze that Belichump put on Drew.

I want JP to not be puzzled by the crap that Beli throws him. I hope it all works. Ya know, maybe JP plays just the same but scrambles out of that sack-fumble-TD that Seymour slammed on us. Maybe that ONE play represents a chance to split wth the Pats behind JP and give us a shot at the division title.

I also cannot wait to see what JP can offer us. My hopes are high but my expectations lie somewhere in that muddy middle.

I really do not see any sort of significant drop off in QB play for the first 4 games compared to last year. If JP and the Bills can win 2 of those 4, I see ourselves improved already.

The question is whether or not JP can help us or hurt us in the BIG games! Drew did not help us, losing 6 of 9 games against .500 or better opponents. If JP can somehow provide some extra spark for us to win more than 50% against stronger teams I'll also say that we have improved.

My biggest worry about JP is how long it will take him to develop pocket presence. JP's development could be very similar to McNabb's first couple of years, in that he is very mobile and tends to turn a pass into a run if under too much pressure. We do not need a QB who throws 80-150 yards a game while they run 20-100 yards a game. We have a very capable RB who will get us rushing yardage.

The sooner JP is able to able to establish a pocket presence and learn the play action game the better.