My 10 cents on the game.

BmarvB

Buffalo will be Rex Ryan's last HC job.

And I seriously doubt he leaves with a winning record. And I wouldn't be surprised if the Pegulas fire Rex Ryan after just one season with the Buffalo Bills.

I think that means eating something like $20million left on his contract. Not seeing it. Edited by JTSP

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Dalton completed 22 of 33 passes for 243 yards and three touchdowns. He wasn’t sacked. The only time he was hit was on a blitz by safety Duke Williams. Now do you think with last years 4-3 he would have had the time to do this?

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/18/rush-to-judgment-d-linemen-pin-loss-on-3-4-scheme/

The team lacks a true star on defense this season. Dareus has regressed. Kyle is on the other side of the hill. Mario isn't worth anywhere near 100 mm. Hughes penalties offset any positives. The secondary and linebackers are very NFL average at best.

Something was bound to give, and in the aftermath of an embarrassing performance against the Cincinnati Bengals, it finally happened. Members of the Buffalo Bills’ defensive line weren’t talking about still learning and adjusting to a new scheme anymore. They flat out identified it as the reason they no longer have the pass-rushing prowess of a year ago.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/18/rush-to-judgment-d-linemen-pin-loss-on-3-4-scheme/

You guys will thank me in about 23 or 24 years. I plan on getting my girl pregnant (by God's Will) until I have a son and I will put him through pee wee football and all that good stuff and then when it comes NFL draft time I will make sure he "fakes being bad" so he goes undrafted and then showcase his talents to the Bills front office and then we'll have our franchise QB.

If your name is Peyton Manning, then - GREAT!

With the benefit of 48 hours removal from the game, I have chilled a bit from my initial (over)reaction to what we saw Sunday.

1. Despite all the hyperbole we heard in the preseason and all the false expectations that we as fans placed on this team, it is pretty clear that this team (as it exists now) is not an elite football team. That was evidenced by what we saw in Week 2, when Brady and Billy B. had their way with the Bills at Orchard Park. The good news is that there really are probably only 2 teams in the AFC that I would categorize as elite right now -- and we have already lost to both of them, the Patriots and Bengals (more on that in a minute). The Bills belong in that next echelon of teams -- along with 8-10 other AFC teams -- that could vie for a wild card spot.

2. The Bengals are a very good football team -- especially, now that Andy Dalton appears to have figured it out. They have one of the best offensive lines in the game, a thunder-and-lightning RB duo, and plenty of depth. The Bills were able to mostly limit the damage done by both AJ Green and Tyler Eifert (minus one horrible goal line match-up). Credit the Bengals for having other guys like Marvin Jones who were able to step up. Defensively they also have one of the better units in the league top-to-bottom.

3. Injuries do matter -- and they are not an excuse. Like I said, the Bengals are a very good football team -- but most importantly, unlike the Bills, the Bengals have more or less been injury free and mostly had their full compliment of players available on Sunday. Do you think that an offense without their starting QB (Dalton), their between-the-tackle RB (Jeremy Hill), their #2 WR (Marvin Jones), minus their starting RT for most of the game and their top WR (A.J. Green) out for all of the second half -- could have scored 21 points against the Bills on Sunday? That was essentially the position the Bills' offense was in with no Tyrod, Karlos, Percy, Henderson out early in the 1st quarter, and Sammy out for all of the 2nd half. On an even playing field, I actually like the Bills' chances -- even if playing on the road in Cinci.

4. The defense failed to get any pressure on Dalton and also to force any turnovers. It almost seemed like they were trying to play a bend-but-don't break variant. The Bengals really did not burn the offense, aside from the one deep pass to Jones, which was more or less a Hail Mary. At the time, I really thought that Gilmore had come down with the ball. Otherwise, the defense played very conservatively. It was almost like the coaches' game plan was to expect Dalton to make mistakes -- and to his credit he didn't. In the days of Dick Jauron, that may have been the way to go. However, with the defensive line that the Bills have, I seriously question that mind-set. It is also counter to Rex's usual aggressive style. I expect the defense to be VERY aggressive this week against Bortles and the Jags.

5. Often times defensive style is determined by game flow. Thanks to continued dumb penalties and poor special teams, the Bengals were in great field position for most of the game. With the offense so depleted, the Bills were never able to worry the Bengals into believing that they had to play catch-up -- so Cinci was able to stick with their own mistake-free game plan.

6. I know it is only 6 games so far, but a pattern certainly exists of playing better on the road that at home. For one more week (in London) hopefully this pattern continues. Still, the existence of the pattern is puzzling. It is almost like the team is too reved up when they are at home -- only to be easily deflated. You could just sense all the wind coming out of their sails after the Marvin Jones completion to start the 2nd half.

If the Bills can take care of business against the Jags in London, they have an extra week to get healthy. I honestly believe that with a fully healthy squad on both sides of the ball, this team is capable of beating any opponent on their remaining schedule (aside from the road trip against the Pats).

Go Bills!

Edited by 2003Contenders