10-5: Rex Ryan Monday Presser

Rex Ryan: "We have to clean it up" (18:25)

Bills head coach Rex Ryan looks back at the amount of penalties committed in the team's game vs. the Giants. Ryan also discusses the struggles with the offense and provides an injury update.

@billsupdates

Rex Ryan gives slightly different tone on Bills' penalties (5 takeaways from press conference) http://ow.ly/T2EKF

proxy.jpg?t=HBhraHR0cDovL2ltZ2ljay5zeXJh

Rex on discipline for emotional penalties

The Bills have a total of 14 penalties that fall under the category of personal foul, unsportsmanlike conduct, taunting, etc. It represents nearly 30 percent of the penalties assessed against Buffalo this season. For those players that continue to let their emotions get the best of them and draw infractions like this could face team discipline per head coach Rex Ryan.

Ryan was asked if he would consider benching players that can’t keep their emotions in check.

Rex seemed for the first time to be genuinely frustrated. I think he will make progress with the situation.

Maybe he read the press today. Many articles berating the lack of discipline, with many suggesting it's the same old Rex, same problems he had with the Jets with lack of control. If that's what it takes for him to start to get it - hallelujah. But I'm not holding my breath. The zebra doesn't change it's stripes (no pun intended).

Maybe he read the press today. Many articles berating the lack of discipline, with many suggesting it's the same old Rex, same problems he had with the Jets with lack of control. If that's what it takes for him to start to get it - hallelujah. But I'm not holding my breath. The zebra doesn't change it's stripes (no pun intended).

the Bills had far more penalties than the Jets the last few years which was as far back as a I looked. Bills were second most in league last year and Jets 17th.

the Bills had far more penalties than the Jets the last few years which was as far back as a I looked. Bills were second most in league last year and Jets 17th.

It was more about emotionally pumping up the players, leading to big exuberant wins, followed by disappointing losses (sound familiar yet?). I'll start to be impressed when we win two or three in a row.

It was more about emotionally pumping up the players, leading to big exuberant wins, followed by disappointing losses (sound familiar yet?). I'll start to be impressed when we win two or three in a row.

ok I didn't read the articles. Thought they were referring to penalties because that's all they've been talking about on the radio.