"Experts" Picks Week 4 vs the Giants

CodeMonkey

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New York's newspaper of record picks the Bills: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/04/sports/football/nfl-week-4-schedule-preview-picks.html?ref=football&_r=0

"The Bills have had unlikely contributions all over the field. Quarterback Tyrod Taylor has gotten much of the attention by stabilizing a position that has seemingly been in flux since Jim Kelly retired. But beyond Taylor, the Bills have also succeeded because of strong play by two rookies and two reclamation projects.

The rookies, Ronald Darby and Karlos Williams, both drafted out of Florida State, in the second and fifth rounds, have had to do some intense on-the-job training. Darby, forced to start at cornerback when Leodis McKelvin was injured, has been picked on heavily by opposing teams but has held his own, with 10 passes defended. Williams, a running back, has a touchdown in each of the team’s three games, and last week, when LeSean McCoy was forced out, he rushed 12 times for 110 yards.

Buffalo has also received solid production from guard Richie Incognito and wide receiver Percy Harvin. Those two talented players had seen their public image tarnished over the last few seasons, but they appear to have found a home with Coach Rex Ryan and are playing a big part in the team’s success.

The Giants may have the more impressive trophy case, but for right now the Bills are New York’s best (and, technically, only) team."

Edited by Robert James

Their D is more than ok. It's just those two 4th quarter collapses that bewilder me. I'd have to go back and watch the games to make a more accurate assessment. I saw the Dallas game to the end and I have never seen a more sloppy display of tackling in my life. Twice, the Giants D allowed drives of 70+ drives in that 4th quarter. Fatigue? I do not know.

I don't expect a blowout either but wouldn't mind if we totally trashed them. In another thread I went 26-16 Bills.

Wow, really?! I hope Dan isn't reading this.

Not really. No team has allowed more passing yards through the first three weeks than the Jersey Giants and Tyrod Taylor is currently the fourth most accurate passer in the league, per PFF. TT should have his way with them. Throw in the fact that the NJG are 5-0 against the lowly Redskins and only a paltry 9-21 against everybody else since the start of the 2013 season and it all adds up to a Bills victory. If the Bills play the way they're capable of playing, especially at home, this game shouldn't be close. Also, Eli Manning has yet to throw a pick and he's due to turn back in to a pumpkin any time now. The Bills D should confuse him enough to end his perfect streak. Buffalo wins and covers. GO BILLS!!!

CBS Sports 8 pickers, there was only 1 Pete Prisco picked the Bills @ -6.5 yesterday, Up to 2 now

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks/

ROTFLMAO well I cam laugh at the last 0 for. The other 2 betting would have been the same.

Well get used to it.

It's gonna be a lot of buffalo helmets on the screen in line.

see CBS now I feel better ...

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I haven't looked down a Bills schedule and said "we should win that one" this many times since the Superbowl years.

We could easily go 12-4. That's a Superbowl era type record for us.

Heck, in 1992 we lost the Superbowl to the Cowboys after having gone 11-5 in the regular season!

This team this year could be a win better than that!

Throw NE #2, 1 Jets game, and 1 of Cincy or KC in the loss column.

That's 12-4.

And as tough as it is to play in KC, I don't see Alex Smith giving our defense huge problems.

He ain't Rodgers or Andrew Luck and we made those 2 look bad.

A good and fair assessment.....though I'll say 11-5.