This weeks gem from Peter King

duey

7. I think it's beginning to look like J.P. Losman will supplant Drew Bledsoe before next season. The more you think about it, the more sense it makes, especially if the kid is diligent and earns the trust of his coaches early in the offseason.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...mqb4/index.html

(yawn) I wonder who his sources are? Maybe...EVERY newspaper and website in the country!

King is not claiming to have broken the story. Whatever you might think of him or his comments, the point of this is that he thinks it may be the right move. It's opinion, not news. The title says "Ten Things I Think I Think."

King is not claiming to have broken the story.  Whatever you might think of him or his comments, the point of this is that he thinks it may be the right move.  It's opinion, not news.  The title says "Ten Things I Think I Think."

238674[/snapback]

"I think it's beginning to look like J.P. Losman will supplant Drew Bledsoe before next season."

I think everyone thinks this now, that's what's so goofy about it.

I think everyone thinks this now, that's what's so goofy about it.

I HATE to get in the middle of your "Im smarter than one of the most well-known, well respected NFL writers to ever cover the league" party, but King writes for [drum roll] a NATIONAL audience and one that Ill bet...and Im going on a limb here, I know.....doesnt spend too much time reading the Buffalo News and TBD day in and day out. I mean, how DARE a writer for a magazine covering the ENTIRE sports spectrum write a piece about Buffalo's QB to his NATIONAL audience about a story that broke about the same time Tom Brady was flying home from Disneyland last week?

I HATE to get in the middle of your "Im smarter than one of the most well-known, well respected NFL writers to ever cover the league" party, but King writes for [drum roll] a NATIONAL audience and one that Ill bet...and Im going on a limb here, I know.....doesnt spend too much time reading the Buffalo News and TBD day in and day out. I mean, how DARE a writer for a magazine covering the ENTIRE sports spectrum write a piece about Buffalo's QB to his NATIONAL audience about a story that broke about the same time Tom Brady was flying home from Disneyland last week?

238828[/snapback]

Are you his freaking brother, or what? :devil:

Don't like him or his lame-ass point of view. It's all just a matter of personal preferences, that's all.

238828[/snapback]

never said anything about me or anyone else being smarter than him.

he does out-weigh me, that i can guarantee.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...mqb4/index.html

(yawn)  I wonder who his sources are?  Maybe...EVERY newspaper and website in the country!

238608[/snapback]

make fun of this all you want, but read the beginning of the piece re freddy mitchell and you'll understand why king is a good reporter who has excellent sources. that's pretty rich stuff, and the thing you're laughing at is an afterthought in a long column intended for readers who are not all bills fans.