September Movies: Black Mass, Everest, The Visit, The Intern

Mark Vader

Saw The Intern. Disappointing. DeNiro is great (always) and Hathaway has become a superstar. But the plot lines struggled and waned. Nothing more than a chick-flick with a 2015 flair. No candidates for Best Supporting roles, which was needed.

It'll be on a continuous loop next year on the WE network.

Saw "The Martian". Very over rated and forgettable. The studio did a great job creating hype for a relatively low budget, dull, suspenseless, and for the most part poorly acted flick. Nearly left 2/3rds way thru

:rolleyes:

The book and script were awesome and the cast boasts some of the best actors working today... I'm going to bet your review will be in the minority. Most people I know who saw early screenings have said it's the best film Ridley's made in a decade and change.

I saw Black Mass last weekend and found it to be very disappointing. They spent very little time showing us what he was doing outside of randomly killing someone, so you didn't get any feel for what if any kind of power he had around the area. It left me wanting to watch a good mafia movie like Goodfellas.

Agreed. When it ended I felt cheated. Not very well done, IMO.

:rolleyes:

The book and script were awesome and the cast boasts some of the best actors working today... I'm going to bet your review will be in the minority. Most people I know who saw early screenings have said it's the best film Ridley's made in a decade and change.

Finally saw The Martian. It's highly recommended. Great flick.

I saw "Sicario" tonight.

Wow! Outstanding movie. Emily Blunt, Josh Brolin & Benicio Del Toro are superb in this film.

This movie has guts, and it is not afraid to show us how ugly the drug war in Mexico can be.

I also love that this movie never gets preachy or tries to make a politically slanted point.

It just shows you what goes on and how frightening it can be.

Major kudos to director Denis Villenueve, who a couple of years ago directed "Prisoners". Another taught suspenseful film.

Please, go see this movie. It has only been in wide release for a short time.