[closed]Thoughts on the last 36 hours....or so

Mooshocker

Losing Fred really touched me. I remember sitting in my office the day Jimbo retired. I remember feeling as if I'd lost an old friend. Fred's departure was similar. This feel was only magnified when I heard of his potential signing with Seattle.

Now, this has nothing to do with the Seahawks. Rather, thinking of Fred in any another uniform is bothersome. Selfishly enough, I would much rather have heard that Fred had decided to retire. Do I think Fred's got some tread left on his tires? Yes, I believe he has another six to ten games left in him as a backup. Do I think Fred will bring to the Seahawks (or any other team he signs with) the same fire, passion, inspiriation and tenacity he brought to us? No, I do not.

I believe as heavy as our hearts are, Fred's is equally as heavy. I believe whatever Fred's next move is, it will be purely for financial security and he will ride that train for as long as it chugs along. And I don't blame him one bit!

Fred will sign a one day contract with Buffalo in February, 2016. He will return to the podium and announce his retirement from the NFL and during one of our eight home games next season, will take his place on the Wall of Fame at The Ralph.

Tyrod Taylor - I see a little bit of Wilson, Vick, Flutie and Jeff George. Jeff George you say? Yes, Jeff George. Rarely have I seen a QB throw the ball with such little effort. The fluidity and ease with which George passed the ball was fun to watch (even if the rest of George was a nutjob). Tyrod seems to be one of those QB's who will find his comfort zone and find ways to accentuate his skill set. Roman will support this by game planning to Tyrod's strengths, not Sammy's or McCoys or anyone else. Tyrod will cement himself as a long standing starting QB for the Bills.

The only concern I have is adding him to the long list of players on the "need to resign/extend" list. We finally have our QB. Bank on it.

Losing Fred really touched me. I remember sitting in my office the day Jimbo retired. I remember feeling as if I'd lost an old friend. Fred's departure was similar. This feel was only magnified when I heard of his potential signing with Seattle.

Now, this has nothing to do with the Seahawks. Rather, thinking of Fred in any another uniform is bothersome. Selfishly enough, I would much rather have heard that Fred had decided to retire. Do I think Fred's got some tread left on his tires? Yes, I believe he has another six to ten games left in him as a backup. Do I think Fred will bring to the Seahawks (or any other team he signs with) the same fire, passion, inspiriation and tenacity he brought to us? No, I do not.

I believe as heavy as our hearts are, Fred's is equally as heavy. I believe whatever Fred's next move is, it will be purely for financial security and he will ride that train for as long as it chugs along. And I don't blame him one bit!

Fred will sign a one day contract with Buffalo in February, 2016. He will return to the podium and announce his retirement from the NFL and during one of our eight home games next season, will take his place on the Wall of Fame at The Ralph.

Tyrod Taylor - I see a little bit of Wilson, Vick, Flutie and Jeff George. Jeff George you say? Yes, Jeff George. Rarely have I seen a QB throw the ball with such little effort. The fluidity and ease with which George passed the ball was fun to watch (even if the rest of George was a nutjob). Tyrod seems to be one of those QB's who will find his comfort zone and find ways to accentuate his skill set. Roman will support this by game planning to Tyrod's strengths, not Sammy's or McCoys or anyone else. Tyrod will cement himself as a long standing starting QB for the Bills.

The only concern I have is adding him to the long list of players on the "need to resign/extend" list. We finally have our QB. Bank on it.

I am going to have to get used to calling him Fredderall now. :(

I'm guessing this thread will be merged to one of the many already discussing these two events, but I will respond and say that your thoughts on Fred mirror mine and I wish him a good year in Seattle and look forward to the day he retires as a Bill.

As for TT, I'll take a Wilson, Vick, Flutie, George hybrid any day, so I hope you're right..