Yankees reverse curse?

beausox

Not from me or any other Yankee fan. We have tremendous faith in our Baseball team. We know they always have what it takes to Win the AL EAST & make it to the post season.

It is called TREMENDOUS CONFIDENCE.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Steinbrenner
Not from me or any other Yankee fan. We have tremendous faith in our Baseball team. We know they always have what it takes to Win the AL EAST & make it to the post season.

18331[/snapback]

Actually it's called blind ignorance. Did you feel that way during the '80s?? Because the Yanks are on the verge of reliving that decade all over again.

They still have the classless reputation of STREET THUGS.

Hope the OAKLAND ATHLETICS send you pathetic Redsux fans back your thugish reality1918. :wacko:

Next season some of those A's pitchers will be wearing Yankee Pinstripes.

The classest organization in the American league with the most winning history.

18273[/snapback]

Ummmm, try again sue...my A's have zito under contract through 2005 with a club option for 2006, and mulder and hudson are also under contract through 2006...so your going to hafta find some different starting pitchres to buy this offseason...

The yankees have plenty of cash. If the A's blow it again in the playoffs. For sure the ones whose contracts are up, just might want to jump ship. That is the ship heading for the Bronx, NY. :wacko:

Isnt Barry Zito from the New York area!

18331[/snapback]

Actually, it's called a $200 Million payroll. But even that doesn't look like it's going to get it done this year!

When the Yankees added AROD at the beginning of the season and their fans were gloating all over Sox fans because of it, I posted a warning: With all of the hype, with all of the playas, with their illustrious owner and with all of the money spent on payroll, comes a tremendous amount of pressure to win. I believed then and I believe it is now coming to fruition that this team would buckle under that pressure.

While I admire the faith of some of the Yankee fans on this board (NJ Sue for example), I laughed my ass of when I hear the "fans" at Yankee stadium booing there own. Yeah, THAT shows a lot of faith. A team playing .700 baseball getting booed by its own fans and why? Because the Sox have been on a tear that the Yankees are simply not in control of right now and like it or not, it is worrying the hell out of Yankee fans.

Who knows how this will play out? I am a Sox fan since 1968 and I've certainly seen my share of the disappointment. Can the Sox continue to beat the crap out of everyone? Not at the rate they have been over the last 17 games (16-1). Hell, they're down 5-1 bottom of the 4th as I post. Still a lot of ball to be played, and nothing's been won yet. And the Yankees as a team are not going to lay down. But I wonder how they are going to react to the weight that is hanging ponderously from them right now.

***Ummmm, try again sue...my A's have zito under contract through 2005 with a club option for 2006, and mulder and hudson are also under contract through 2006...so your going to hafta find some different starting pitchres to buy this offseason... ***

Good job on this post haha njsue (Foot in mouth again)?? And im the idiot huh LMAO. And Mike32282 no team can win them all. But once again the Spankees lose!! HaHaHa. Red Sox will win the division seeing Spankees have one may i say 1 starting pitcher worth a damn LMAO!!

I doubt it. Joe Torre is a FANTASTIC manager that wont let this team go down the tubes.

18365[/snapback]

Joe Torre? He became a genius with a team consisting of five(!) number one pitchers, arguably the best closer of his era and a bench of the likes of Loftons and Sierras. Poor Joe. He has to limp along with a team that sports a payroll 3 times the size of well over half of major laegue baseball. The Yanks currently have a 180 million roster. 60 million more than the next. 60 million is six more 10 million dollar players than any other team can afford

Joe Torre? He became a genius with a team consisting of five(!) number one pitchers, arguably the best closer of his era and a bench of the likes of Loftons and Sierras. Poor Joe. He has to limp along with a team that sports a payroll 3 times the size of well over half of major laegue baseball. The Yanks currently have a 180 million roster. 60 million more than the next. 60 million is six more 10 million dollar players than any other team can afford

18622[/snapback]

Having good players, a good front office and a free-spending owner doesn't hurt Torre's winning percentage. But you can't argue that the guy is a heck of a manager. Phil Jackson has had similar type luxuries, but the guy is still a good coach. Typical Red Sox fan...can't bring themself to give any credit where credit is due when it comes to a Yankee.

Having good players, a good front office and a free-spending owner doesn't hurt Torre's winning percentage. But you can't argue that the guy is a heck of a manager. Phil Jackson has had similar type luxuries, but the guy is still a good coach. Typical Red Sox fan...can't bring themself to give any credit where credit is due when it comes to a Yankee.

18625[/snapback]

Red Sox fans are just jealous of Torre because last years coach they had sounded like Forrest Gump and this years coach looks like Forrest Gump.

Guest Steinbrenner
Red Sox fans are just jealous of Torre because last years coach they had sounded like Forrest Gump and this years coach looks like Forrest Gump.

18644[/snapback]

Torre aint exactly a picture of beauty you know.

At least the Sox showed some life in their game against Texas.  We're 8-1 so far on our 10 game homestand.    You guys are 2-3 on your 11 game homestand.    Thats pretty pathetic considering the calibre of teams you're playing.

18694[/snapback]

You really know whats pretty pathetic............1918!!!!! :D