anybody ever build a greenhouse?

outsidethebox

I love gardening and always wanted one. Anybody have any experience they would like to share?

Yes I have built one and also purchased a kit and built that.There are plenty online and they are quality.I don't remember the name of the outfit I bought the kit from but they were out of Western Canada.If you do buy the kit make sure you wear safety glasses while building it cause they use clips that tend to "fly" if they don't fit in the slot perfectly before you release them.They are a lot of fun to use.

We have one, a lean-to greenhouse from a kit (Rion Greenhouse) bolted to top deck connected to our master bedroom.

I'd say it was a good purchase other than not as waterproof as expected but it was able to handle storm with 50 mile per hour winds.

Whether it is a good match for you depends on angle of sun and amount of sun it gets.

Our master bedroom has a door to deck so it allows her to enter greenhouse from house, not what we intended since we wanted it on lower deck but it works well.

Designed and built them (2). With the help of friends. probabaly good plans on the inter net webs. First good ventilation is a must, without it, the mold ( on the panels) will be even worse. cheesy poly carb or whatever you choose. Will fly off like a kite in a decent wind storm. The harbor freight type ones are a joke. Unless you beef the frames, replace the crap panels. But for the very cheap price you get the basics. I would strongly recomend beefing up these things with cross bracing. Also get a power washer because every spring you will have plenty to clean. We used raised beds and installed a watering sysytem. Once that is done, and using heirloom seeds the whole project is worth it. No more Monsanto crapola.