North Korea Admits to Having Nuclear Weapons

Chilly

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But you would have minded overthrowing those motherfuggers before they acquired nukes, right?

;)

234684[/snapback]

Good point. How many people have now changed their minds on this, just because NK claims to have this stuff.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Good point. How many people have now changed their minds on this, just because NK claims to have this stuff.

234707[/snapback]

The same amount of people that changed their mind about the WMD reason when we didn't find any WMD's. I.E. NOT MANY!

The same amount of people that changed their mind about the WMD reason when we didn't find any WMD's. I.E. NOT MANY!

234717[/snapback]

Let's see how many people step up their panicking after these revelations.

Nukes are great, but without a delivery vehicle it is kind of a moot point. Nukes are easy to build, but getting it so it goes boom at the right time, on a missile over the intended country is a whole new ballgame.

I don't believe North Korea has legit systems to even deliver a standard warhead to Japan, so I believe the US is safe for now.

Nukes are great, but without a delivery vehicle it is kind of a moot point.  Nukes are easy to build, but getting it so it goes boom at the right time, on a missile over the intended country is a whole new ballgame. 

I don't believe North Korea has legit systems to even deliver a standard warhead to Japan, so I believe the US is safe for now.

235158[/snapback]

I'm not so sure about that. Haven't they been firing missiles over Japan just to demonstrate that they do indeed have that capability?

I'm not so sure about that. Haven't they been firing missiles over Japan just to demonstrate that they do indeed have that capability?

235266[/snapback]

Accuracy is the issue. They have the technology to hit Japan but the accuracy is not there. Of course, with nuclear weapons you have a little wiggle room regarding accuracy.

235266[/snapback]

Not sure about that. I know they are working on it, and technically they probably do, but I don't think it is deployed yet. Then you have the issue as KRC brings up of accuracy, then the ability to actually bake the thing go boom at the right time when it is overtop.

My point was a "legit" weapon system, that means all of the above factors to even hit Japan. Add to that, they have no way to hit the US.

Then to top it off even more, Japan does have legit ability to knock missiles down with their Aegis class systems, and a good defense Air force, where they could quickly scramble and attack North Korea quickly. Meaning NK had better stop lobbing sh-- around or Japan and neighboring countries would have a legal reason to attck if they felt threatened. To top it off the US would because of treaties be obligated to support an assault on NK.