Draft is over... slow news until TC

This could be a fun discussion

1. Worst Draft pick ever? Maybin.... didn't we have some 245LBS DE in the 90's that failed too? (I think it was Cory Moore)
  2. Most hyped/highest draft pick worst? Mike Williams
  3. Most hyped 4th round or higher marketing bust. Leif Larsen
  4. Least hyped late round/UDFA surprise. Fred Jackson
  5. Least hyped F/A surprise. Bill Brooks
  6. Worst trade? Hmmm so many to choose from.....
  7. The annual late round pick everyone loves, but does not make the team and is out of the league. The trick shot QB from a few years ago. I can't remember his name.
  8. Worst line from a Bills head Coach "he is not a punt returner, he is a punt catcher"

The point of this... we have been sold some really bad picks, F/A moves, and trades in the past... it is kinda funny to look back sometimes and remember what we were sold as good teams or players. Sometimes the least hyped works the best and the most hyped... well, you get the point.

I am hoping for some fun here since Bills news will be slow for a few months... but this thread might die a quick death.

Edited by Iraq Vet

For #5, I think you meant Bill Brooks instead of Bucky Brooks. Bucky Brooks was a 2nd round pick in '94 who never panned out. BIll Brooks was a FA pickup in '93 or '94 who had an incredible year when he broke the Bills' record for touchdowns in a season by a WR, with 11 or 12. He was the Bills' last receiver left standing that year after Andre Reed blew out his hamstring ...

Okay fine...my full list

1. Worst Draft pick ever? Maybin is a good choice, but I am going to go with JP Losman for the many years he set us back. Also under consideration: Erik Flowers.
  2. Most hyped/highest draft pick worst? Mike Williams
  3. Most hyped 4th round or higher marketing bust. Tank Carder
  4. Least hyped late round/UDFA surprise. Stevie Johnson
  5. Least hyped F/A surprise. Steve Christie
  6. Worst trade? Trading up for JP Losman
  7. The annual late round pick everyone loves, but does not make the team and is out of the league. Drew Haddad
  8. Worst line from a Bills head Coach "I’m going to go home, not talk to anybody, just shut it down. I’m going to be by myself, I’m not going to pet my dog and I’m going to get fired up...I’m going to be a pro, I’m going to be a man. ” - Doug Maroon.