CFF (College Football Focus) for draft-eligible TEs

This question may have been answered in another thread, but other than just wanting another body at TE, what specifically do you think we will look for in the TE class to match up with Clay this year?

SN: Dont know if anyone else noticed, but Scott Chandler was at the top of pass blocking efficiency in 2014, among a few others. I guess the numbers could be skewed as well.

Edited by Clemson Bills Fan

I noticed my sleeper candidate, Jean Sifrin, on there...I'd give him a hard look in the later rounds. He is, IMO, the most physically-talented guy in the class.

He's a lot older than the normal prospect right? Like 27.

I overlook this for Brandon Weeden and thought it wasn't a big deal. But I think it is huge. 27 is like an athlete's prime. You are at a huge advantage going against 19-20 year olds. This scares me off him. Hope he makes it because it's a good story though.

On the reverse side, Maxx Williams is barely 20.

This question may have been answered in another thread, but other than just wanting another body at TE, what specifically do you think we will look for in the TE class to match up with Clay this year?

SN: Dont know if anyone else noticed, but Scott Chandler was at the top of pass blocking efficiency in 2014, among a few others. I guess the numbers could be skewed as well.

That's why football can never be measured with statistics like baseball. There are too many unknowns like the blocking assignments.

I noticed my sleeper candidate, Jean Sifrin, on there...I'd give him a hard look in the later rounds. He is, IMO, the most physically-talented guy in the class.

Most "experts" don't think he'll even be drafted mainly due to a huge learning curve and being 27 already. I'd be all over him as a priority FA though.

chandler is a pass catching TE. Not a good blocker esp in run game. a reporter in NE said the pats signed him as a backup pass catching TE. He was a starter here - oof. He was replaced with Clay who can do both and is a multi dimensional player. Who we need to replace now is Lee Smith. We need a TE who is a skilled and willing blocker but also be a receiving threat. Lee smith was never a receiving threat. If jermaine Gresham is healthy by TC he could be an option to sign as a FA. An option in the draft is a guy like Jeff Heuerman, if there in the 5th.

Gray and Gragg are decent backups.

Edited by YoloinOhio