What kicker can the Bills get

Like A Mofo

To me this is one of the most important moves TD has to make this offseason. It is SO important for the Bills to have a FG kicker MM and the rest of the coaching staff can have CONFIDENCE in if they need points, especially in road games, and kicking in inclement weather

Now I know Vinateri is a FA, but thats just a pipe dream....

Now I thought Matt Stover is a UFA, can some confirm this??? That is who i would love to see the Bills get...

Sorry if this is bring up an old topic., but Id love to know exactly what kickers would be available for the Bills to consider.

The following kickers are UFAs:

Adam Vinatieri

Wade Richey

Morten Anderson

Todd Peterson

Jay Feely

Steve Christie

Jeff Reed from the Steelers is a Restricted Free Agent.

Out of those kickers, Vinateiri clearly will be franchised by the Patriots and never see the light of UFA. Jay Feely might be worth a shot, but do we go with yet another dome kicker since Lindell bombed so badly outdoors?

As for Matt Stover, he's not a free agent...not according to the 3 lists of FAs in 2005 that I found, but who knows if he's in danger of being released.

Thats why I say this...behold, the power of Nuge...after Vinateiri gets taken off the market, I think Nugent is better right now than any of those other free agent kickers. In fact, when he gets drafted I think he's already one of the top 10 kickers in the entire NFL, he is that good. The kid was that lights out in college, amazingly clutch and he played in crappy weather with Ohio State. Just seems like a perfect fit to me.

Lindell never played in the dome in Seattle. :w00t:

232435[/snapback]

You're right, I forgot about their University of Washington homefield...wait a second, thats even worse! That means Lindell has crapped out for NO reason whatsoever. We definitely need an upgrade at kicker this offseason, and I fear that TD will take on his "kickers are a dime a dozen" attitude and let Lindell continue to lose games for us.

The following kickers are UFAs:

Adam Vinatieri

Wade Richey

Morten Anderson

Todd Peterson

Jay Feely

Steve Christie

Jeff Reed from the Steelers is a Restricted Free Agent. 

Out of those kickers, Vinateiri clearly will be franchised by the Patriots and never see the light of UFA.  Jay Feely might be worth a shot, but do we go with yet another dome kicker since Lindell bombed so badly outdoors?

As for Matt Stover, he's not a free agent...not according to the 3 lists of FAs in 2005 that I found, but who knows if he's in danger of being released.

Thats why I say this...behold, the power of Nuge...after Vinateiri gets taken off the market, I think Nugent is better right now than any of those other free agent kickers.  In fact, when he gets drafted I think he's already one of the top 10 kickers in the entire NFL, he is that good.  The kid was that lights out in college, amazingly clutch and he played in crappy weather with Ohio State.  Just seems like a perfect fit to me.

232428[/snapback]

Thanks for clearing up my confusion with Matt Stover, damn I wish he was available...

I dont know that much about Nuge...but from what people say and write....I agree with you, get him. (based on what else is avail)

I think we should look for a long term solution for K, and Nugent is the only alternative.

We will have to give up a 2nd for him, but it will be worth it. People underestimate the power of having an accurate, stong legged kicker.

Look at what Moorman has done for us. His booming kicks gives us an advantage field position wise.

Nugent would also give us that with kicking the ball all the way to/in the endzone (instead of the 10 for Lindell) and having an accurate kicker out to the 50.

How many games would we have won this and last year had we a kicker like Nugent or Vinetari kicking the ball? We would have gone to the playoffs this year and would have had a better record last year.

We need a good, reliable kicker.

We definitely need an upgrade at kicker this offseason, and I fear that TD will take on his "kickers are a dime a dozen" attitude and let Lindell continue to lose games for us.

This is my fear too. And I agree with everything FTW_BillsFan said. The Nuge is a FG- and touchback-kicking machine. THE BILLS MUST DRAFT THE NUGE!

Sorry if this is bring up an old topic., but Id love to know exactly what kickers would be available for the Bills to consider.

232425[/snapback]

hell no, it's not an "old" topic -- it's crucial as you suggest. i'd like to see them draft nugent, but i just don't see TD spending a relatively high draft pick that way.

To me this is one of the most important moves TD has to make this offseason.  It is SO important for the Bills to have a FG kicker MM and the rest of the coaching staff can have CONFIDENCE in if they need points, especially in road games, and kicking in inclement weather

Now I know Vinateri is a FA, but thats just a pipe dream....

Now I thought Matt Stover is a UFA, can some confirm this???  That is who i would love to see the Bills get...

232425[/snapback]

I think we address other spots in FA like LG, LT, and TE and then use our 2nd for Mike Nugent.

Id like

LT- Walter Jones or Tra Thomas

LG- Joe Andruzzi

TE- Bubba Franks

FYI 2004 Stats:

FIELD GOALS FGM-FGA Pct 01-19 20-29 30-39 40-49 50-99 Lg Blk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nugent, Mike | 24-27 | 88.9 | 0-0 | 5-5 | 7-7 | 7-9 | 5-6 | 55 | 0

As you can see he made more longer than 40 than under and was perfect under 40...

FYI 2004 Stats:

FIELD GOALS    FGM-FGA    Pct  01-19  20-29  30-39  40-49  50-99  Lg    Blk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nugent, Mike    |  24-27    |  88.9  |  0-0  |  5-5  |  7-7  |    7-9  |    5-6  |  55  |    0

233167[/snapback]

Wow. Thats all I can say is wow. Didnt realize he was THAT good!

Get him TD!!