Walter Football grades for every transaction so far

OL can be found everywhere but they really are not plug and play guys. A lot has to happen. They must be coached well. They usually have to be in a system that plays to their strengths. They have to be smart. They have to have good guys around them and all be on the same page. They usually have to be playing together for a bit but not always.

The player that is probably going to take the biggest leap is Henderson. He has great size, talent, and athleticism. He was hurt last year by always playing on the left and then suddenly playing on the right, next to a guy who never played guard before, and overall terrible coaching. Kromer and Roman should help him a lot.

Richardson was a 5th round pick. He's a little slow. Roman and Kromer want the guards to pull. He could surprise but I am not expecting much from him. Williams has a bad back. He hasn't played much guard. He has the athleticism to play for Kromer and Roman and they could make him serviceable but I'm not expecting much from him either.

Kujo is probably a year away but he could surprise. We need a starter at OG which could come in a trade, late cut or 2-3 round pick. And we need a swing tackle. It will be Henderson if we get a starter to replace him.

Speaking of smart offensive linemen, wow! http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2015/03/20/394340722/john-urschel-ravens-offensive-lineman-publishes-math-paper

And guess what: Urschel is from Williamsville! (I went to Williamsville East.) he went to Canisius for high school. More: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/college-football/former-canisius-high-star-urschel-wins-sullivan-award-20140411 .

Edited by dave mcbride

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OL can be found everywhere but they really are not plug and play guys. A lot has to happen. They must be coached well. They usually have to be in a system that plays to their strengths. They have to be smart. They have to have good guys around them and all be on the same page. They usually have to be playing together for a bit but not always.

The player that is probably going to take the biggest leap is Henderson. He has great size, talent, and athleticism. He was hurt last year by always playing on the left and then suddenly playing on the right, next to a guy who never played guard before, and overall terrible coaching. Kromer and Roman should help him a lot.

Richardson was a 5th round pick. He's a little slow. Roman and Kromer want the guards to pull. He could surprise but I am not expecting much from him. Williams has a bad back. He hasn't played much guard. He has the athleticism to play for Kromer and Roman and they could make him serviceable but I'm not expecting much from him either.

Kujo is probably a year away but he could surprise. We need a starter at OG which could come in a trade, late cut or 2-3 round pick. And we need a swing tackle. It will be Henderson if we get a starter to replace him.

what happened with Hairston? seems like Bills might have been wise to hang onto him a bit longer.

The guard situation is not resolved at all, imho.

Keeping Urbik was smart and move him back to RG.

I have little faith in Williams at this point for both health and skillset.

I think Richie might very well start and he might be the solution at LG.

Woods gets hurt you move Urbik in and who the heck plays RG?

Bills need one more in FA. I am fine with cutting Williams but then we need two guards and a swing tackle.

every move they have mad is an improvement. maybe thats all they can do this year. Hoping Kromer can coach these guys up and get them on the same page.

I have hope this coaching staff will really bring it> pretty excited about what this offense is going look like