Any KISS fans here? What do you think of this.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say who cares. I was a huge Kiss fan when they first come on the scene in the 70's. Then I grew up.

I sort of agree. Their very early stuff, Destroyer, Kiss Alive I and II, was good, but then they became a parody of themselves. Not to mention "I Was Made For Loving You."

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

Was HUGE Kiss fan through 1979. Even "Dynasty," wasn't that great of an album. Everything before it, in my opinion, was fantastic.

I lost interest in them after that album. I never gave them another thought until their 1998 tour with all four original members. I saw them. Loved every friggin second of it. Then proceeded to forget about them again.

If people still buy tickets to see them, then what the hell ... why not change the members. Menudo lasted from 1977 - 2009. It took people that long to stop spending money. Kiss is still selling out arenas.

Twisted Sister couldn't sell out an IHOP.

It's a business. Kiss is making money. I'm a "real Kiss" fan and I'm not insulted in the least.

Dee Snyder is diggin' the lime jello.

Was HUGE Kiss fan through 1979. Even "Dynasty," wasn't that great of an album. Everything before it, in my opinion, was fantastic.

I lost interest in them after that album. I never gave them another thought until their 1998 tour with all four original members. I saw them. Loved every friggin second of it. Then proceeded to forget about them again.

If people still buy tickets to see them, then what the hell ... why not change the members. Menudo lasted from 1977 - 2009. It took people that long to stop spending money. Kiss is still selling out arenas.

Twisted Sister couldn't sell out an IHOP.

It's a business. Kiss is making money. I'm a "real Kiss" fan and I'm not insulted in the least.

Dee Snyder is diggin' the lime jello.

Would you go see an Ace solo show?

Would you go see an Ace solo show?

I wouldn't spend more than $10 to see Ace.

My dream was to see Gene, Paul, Ace and Peter in their makeup. It came true. I'm good with all of them - as a group and/or individually.

I say who cares. I was a huge Kiss fan when they first come on the scene in the 70's. Then I grew up.

Pretty much the same here. I saw them twice, way back before Destroyer ever came out. Once I heard the song 'Beth', I washed my hands of them and never went back.

Pretty much the same here. I saw them twice, way back before Destroyer ever came out. Once I heard the song 'Beth', I washed my hands of them and never went back.

Did you hold "Thank You," against Led Zeppelin?

Did you hold "Thank You," against Led Zeppelin?

No, because the band actually plays 'Thank You'. I don't believe anyone from Kiss is actually playing anything in 'Beth' - as I remember it was pretty much just a piano and a small orchestral ensemble, which reminded me too much of the stuff The Monkees did when I was younger. It was way too much of a commercial turn for me to stick with them, no offense to anyone who likes them.

No, because the band actually plays 'Thank You'. I don't believe anyone from Kiss is actually playing anything in 'Beth' - as I remember it was pretty much just a piano and a small orchestral ensemble, which reminded me too much of the stuff The Monkees did when I was younger. It was way too much of a commercial turn for me to stick with them, no offense to anyone who likes them.

The song was a last-minute addition to the Destroyer album. According to Bill Aucoin, the manager of Kiss at that time, Simmons and Paul Stanley did not want "Beth" on the album because it was not a typical Kiss song. Aucoin insisted on keeping the song on the record.[3] During the recording sessions for the song, Criss was the only Kiss member in the studio, making it the only Kiss song that features no instrumental performances by any member of the band. Criss is backed by a piano and a string orchestra, a stark departure from the hard rock-oriented band.

Correct.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

My comment re: Zeppelin was tongue-in-cheek. But this was all Gene Simmons' plan. A perfectly placed rock ballad to expand their fan base.

On a sidenote ... As a first-grader, I brought in my brother's Destroyer album to school. Threw it on one of those "suitcase style" turntables. Asked the teacher to cue up "Beth," grabbed a magic marker for a microphone and sang the entire song in front of two classes for our talent show. I still have my trophy, which is a pocketwatch.

My comment re: Zeppelin was tongue-in-cheek. But this was all Gene Simmons' plan. A perfectly placed rock ballad to expand their fan base.

On a sidenote ... As a first-grader, I brought in my brother's Destroyer album to school. Threw it on one of those "suitcase style" turntables. Asked the teacher to cue up "Beth," grabbed a magic marker for a microphone and sang the entire song in front of two classes for our talent show. I still have my trophy, which is a pocketwatch.

Awesome. Did you paint your face like a cat?

Awesome. Did you paint your face like a cat?

Nope. No make up. Just belted it out. The last band I was in did a pretty killer version of "She."

EDIT: You should, if you haven't, check out Wicked Lester (Kiss before they were Kiss). There is an awesome version of "She," out there.

Edited by Gugny

Nope. No make up. Just belted it out. The last band I was in did a pretty killer version of "She."

EDIT: You should, if you haven't, check out Wicked Lester (Kiss before they were Kiss). There is an awesome version of "She," out there.

Apparently there's a bootleg version of Beth too.

Kiss' drummer Peter Criss sings the song, which was co-written by Criss and guitarist Stan Penridge. The song was written before Criss had joined the band, while he and Penridge were members of Chelsea. A bootleg exists of the song from 1971, but the song was sung "Beck, what can I do?" "Beck" was the nickname of fellow Chelsea member Mike Brand's wife, Becky, who would call often during practices to ask Mike when he was coming home.

Saw them once. My first concert. April 14th 1976 at the Niagara Fall Convention Center. Day after my 15th birthday. Another 15 year old friend of mine drove. We were on the floor 20' from the stage for Brownsville Station and got crushed before Kiss came on so me moved to the stands. Could you imagine parents letting 15 year olds (had an old guy with us who was 17) do that today. My mom let us skip school to take the whole day off.

When I started listening to Kiss, their newest album was 'Hotter Than Hell' and I was a senior in high school. I thought they were great - fire, smoke, blood, and hard rock & roll (although I had a bit of a hard time with Peter Criss's cat makeup). I don't begrudge a recording artist their desire for success and popularity, but they just took it in a direction where I didn't want to follow anymore.

As an adult I've played in front of some moderately large crowds, but as a first-grader I never would have been able to do what you did. Back then I couldn't even read my homework in front of the class without freezing.

Saw them once. My first concert. April 14th 1976 at the Niagara Fall Convention Center. Day after my 15th birthday. Another 15 year old friend of mine drove. We were on the floor 20' from the stage for Brownsville Station and got crushed before Kiss came on so me moved to the stands. Could you imagine parents letting 15 year olds (had an old guy with us who was 17) do that today. My mom let us skip school to take the whole day off.

I was there as well. Brownsville Station - The Martian Boogie!

When I started listening to Kiss, their newest album was 'Hotter Than Hell' and I was a senior in high school. I thought they were great - fire, smoke, blood, and hard rock & roll (although I had a bit of a hard time with Peter Criss's cat makeup). I don't begrudge a recording artist their desire for success and popularity, but they just took it in a direction where I didn't want to follow anymore.

As an adult I've played in front of some moderately large crowds, but as a first-grader I never would have been able to do what you did. Back then I couldn't even read my homework in front of the class without freezing.

I think we pulled into the parking lot at 10:30am LOL.

I ended up being a singer in a few cover bands in my day, beginning in high school up to as recently as about a year ago. I love it. But I am nervous playing guitar and singing without a band behind me. I planned on doing an open mic back in December and still haven't mustered up the courage to do it. Looking back, that did take some balls!

I ended up being a singer in a few cover bands in my day, beginning in high school up to as recently as about a year ago. I love it. But I am nervous playing guitar and singing without a band behind me. I planned on doing an open mic back in December and still haven't mustered up the courage to do it. Looking back, that did take some balls!

Did an Elvis impression back in 2nd grade. I've never had stagefright issues. I can really get a crowd going with my Mick Jagger impression on karaoke, or lip syncing on a dance floor. Only problem is I can't sing.

I've been in and out of playing most of my life. I'm in a band now, one I consider to be 'hard rock' but we usually get classified as 'metal'. The only covers we ever play are Sign Of The Wolf by Pentagram and Rock Bottom by UFO.

If you're ever in Austin and you feel like letting loose, just let me know.