Conspiracy theory - fixed game ?

No seriously guys, I can't believe a team suddenly going numb at the wrong times. For the first 28 minutes, it was a very good battle. I kept saying this is not how a normal NE game goes - NE did not score in the first 5 minutes, could not authoritatively stop the Eagles, could not keep sustained drives going. Then when the Eagles had a chance to get within field goal range in the last 1 minute of the first half they go stone cold.

Same thing in the last 5 minutes.

And that quote from Andy Reid is even more unbelievable - could not remember what happened ??

Okay I know it sounds far fetched but tell me that sports never had rigging before !

231646[/snapback]

it's called sports

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please pay no attaention to the following link:

http://www.moldea.com/Five-3.html

It is impossible that people who wear business suits, go to church on Sunday and pay their taxes could be involved in illegal activities. If it were true that would mean we are being made fools. I don't want to be made a fool because I would have to do something about it... and I don't want to do anything.

Therefore, nothing is fixed. And especially the Super Bowl. That game generates the most legal and illegal bets of any sporting event in the world. So just by definition it could not be fixed.

It is much easier to just ridicule the person to make them and their wacky idea go away. And whatever you do, don't read this link >>

http://home.datawest.net/esn-recovery/artcls/disinfo.htm

or you may see yourself, or other posters here much too clearly.

what you are explaining..crazy things happen, and do not always go as planned...sometimes people make boneheaded judgements, and play like crap...it happens

231657[/snapback]

Look the point I am making is that the pattern of the mistakes. If they were TRYING to hurry up in the last 5 minutes and did not get yardage or called the wrong plays for the coverage then maybe I can call it boneheaded judgements. But apparent lack of intensity and mistakes is what has me puzzled.

They got the ball back with 30-40 seconds to go and have an All-Pro kicker.

Sure they didn't have field position but a break here or there the guy gets a chance to tie it.

But I suppose that 30 yard TD was just a smoke screen to cover the 'real plan' by

the 2004-2005 Black Sox?

Please pay no attaention to the following link:

http://www.moldea.com/Five-3.html

It is impossible that people who wear business suits, go to church on Sunday and pay their taxes could be involved in illegal activities.  If it were true that would mean we are being made fools.  I don't want to be made a fool because I would have to do something about it... and I don't want to do anything.

Therefore, nothing is fixed.  And especially the Super Bowl.  That game generates the most legal and illegal bets of any sporting event in the world.  So just by definition it could not be fixed.

It is much easier to just ridicule the person to make them and their wacky idea go away.  And whatever you do, don't read this link >>

http://home.datawest.net/esn-recovery/artcls/disinfo.htm

or you may see yourself, or other posters here much too clearly.

231661[/snapback]

Along the same lines, didn't I read something here where Ronnie Harmon said that he dropped the ball on purpose against the Browns because of some sort of bet or mafia or something. Pretty sure someone posted a link about that here awhile ago.

Not that I'm saying the game was fixed or anything. But it was *awfully* strange that the Eagles weren't hurrying to score points with 5 minutes left in the game, down by two scores...

CW

But I suppose that 30 yard TD was just a smoke screen to cover the 'real plan' by

the 2004-2005 Black Sox?

231669[/snapback]

Wasn't that 30 yard TD followed by a 0 yard pass with time running down? Notice that most/all of McNabb's throws were in the middle of the field, with no timeouts on that last drive (except for the one he threw on the sidelines, out of bounds).

Again, not sure I think the game was fixed. But McNabb made some *REALLY* crappy plays -- far worse than anything we saw from DB this year. Maybe it was nerves, but gosh, that team did NOT look like an NFL team at the end of the 4th quarter. And Reid's quotes afterwards were even more mystifying (regarding them not hurrying up more).

CW

Wasn't that 30 yard TD followed by a 0 yard pass with time running down?  Notice that most/all of McNabb's throws were in the middle of the field, with no timeouts on that last drive (except for the one he threw on the sidelines, out of bounds).

Again, not sure I think the game was fixed.  But McNabb made some *REALLY* crappy plays -- far worse than anything we saw from DB this year.  Maybe it was nerves, but gosh, that team did NOT look like an NFL team at the end of the 4th quarter.  And Reid's quotes afterwards were even more mystifying (regarding them not hurrying up more).

CW

231675[/snapback]

Which brings to mind that on the last drive, the receiver caught the ball at the line of scrimmage instead of just letting it drop and stop the clock.

Wasn't that 30 yard TD followed by a 0 yard pass with time running down?  Notice that most/all of McNabb's throws were in the middle of the field, with no timeouts on that last drive (except for the one he threw on the sidelines, out of bounds).

Again, not sure I think the game was fixed.  But McNabb made some *REALLY* crappy plays -- far worse than anything we saw from DB this year.  Maybe it was nerves, but gosh, that team did NOT look like an NFL team at the end of the 4th quarter.  And Reid's quotes afterwards were even more mystifying (regarding them not hurrying up more).

CW

231675[/snapback]

It's called prevent defense.

I did not stay up to listen to Ried's post game comments. Maybe that will clear things up for me.

Probably not though. My theory again is they got outplayed and outcoached. Sure it doesn't generate the fodor that the good man from Chicago did but I'm sure that's the case.

Hey anything is possible but I cant give it any serious consideration. First of all, the amount of people you have to pay off to perform badly and keep quiet. Second, these guys make too much money now. The motivation to throw a game just isnt as compelling as it once was, like in the Black Sox days. Too much to loose and just too hard to pull it off. Now buying the officials? I see that as a possibility, but not in this game.

So when you need about 70 yards with about 30 seconds left, and the defense is in prevent, you throw the ball to the RB at the line of scrimmage in the middle of the field where you know there's no chance of him getting any yards OR getting out of bounds?

Sorry, but people would be ROASTING Bledsoe if he made that "decision," not to mention if he was huddling up with 5 minutes left in the game down by 2 scores. Not to mention if he threw an INT in the 4th quarter and simply shrugged and patted his chest saying "my fault." Yet I see posts here saying McNabb played a great game?!?! Wow...

CW

McNabb was very Kellyesque yesterday.  Are you saying that our bills fixed their games, specifically XXVI and XXVIII?

231700[/snapback]

I thought McNabb looked far worse yesterday than Kelly ever did. McNabb was throwing the ball nowhere NEAR his receivers half the time. Kelly's passes at least seemed to be close to the target, even if they were picked off.

I'd be willing to say McNabb had a case of bad nerves yesterday, but that really doesn't explain the last 5 minutes of the game where they had no urgency, screwed up the punt return and then caught the ball at the line of scrimmage for no gain with time winding down.

Chances are, everything was legit, but we'll never really know.

CW

So when you need about 70 yards with about 30 seconds left, and the defense is in prevent, you throw the ball to the RB at the line of scrimmage in the middle of the field where you know there's no chance of him getting any yards OR getting out of bounds?

Sorry, but people would be ROASTING Bledsoe if he made that "decision," not to mention if he was huddling up with 5 minutes left in the game down by 2 scores.  Not to mention if he threw an INT in the 4th quarter and simply shrugged and patted his chest saying "my fault."  Yet I see posts here saying McNabb played a great game?!?!  Wow...

CW

231693[/snapback]

Nothing downfield because it's flooded w/ defenders...AKA prevent defense.

Then he proceded to 'pull a Bledsoe' and crapped his pants. And I agree, he didn't have a great game. The defense kept them around.

Listen, there are many reasons why the Eagles failed at the end but one isn't that they fixed the game.

I'd be willing to say McNabb had a case of bad nerves yesterday, but that really doesn't explain the last 5 minutes of the game where they had no urgency, screwed up the punt return and then caught the ball at the line of scrimmage for no gain with time winding down.

With the amount of money that could be LOST due to someone discovering a fix, and the amount of people that would have to be involved, its very very unlikely that this is the case. Maybe mcnabb is a completely different breed as kelly was. Maybe the coaches just screwed up badly with play calling? Maybe mcnabb didn't have the authority to throw out his headset and do some kelly improv. Who knows... I just know that mcnabb sucked, it reminded me of the bills in the super bowl, and after 15 years since the first one, i'm still waiting depressed.

Probably not though.  My theory again is they got outplayed and outcoached.  Sure it doesn't generate the fodor that the good man from Chicago did but I'm sure that's the case.

231686[/snapback]

And you may be correct also. I am not saying I am sure - just my theory.