Jermichael Finley

From Wikipedia:

Finley initially received interest from the Seattle Seahawks, New England Patriots and Pittsburg Steelers, but no contract resulted. In October 2014, Finley filed a claim on his $10 million insurance policy. Despite working out five hours a day in Minneapolis and Wisconsin in hopes of an NFL comeback, Finley conceded that offers from the Steelers were not enough. "Pittsburgh have showed me a couple deals, but we all know the money ain't what it's supposed to be," Finley said in July 2014. "If I quit the game right now, I can take tax-free money, and that's a difficult thing that I'm going through with myself...

So, you can his point in not going back to play (at least at the reduced offers he has received...

Sounds like he's mailing it in.

Most insurance policies cover situations where you Cant play. Not where you dont want to play for the money you're offered. Just the fact that he had offers (presumably after taking a physical exam) shows he Can play.

good luck with getting an insurer to pay for that. And good luck getting a team to take a chance on you, where you've shown you're only here for the money (ie; to get injured again and/or to support your insurance claim.)

Edited by maddenboy

I'm not sure if that is true. I would think there would be insurance policies to cover injuries that diminish your abilities from a high level player who would make significant bank to one that can still play but not at as high of a level. Insurance companies will do anything that they deem worth the risk / reward assessment they make.

Edited by Mark80