Bandwagon Fans

BuckeyeBill

So I must be the one and ONLY person who read your pledge of allegiance to the Bills back then? I must be the one and ONLY person who read a thread that YOU started in which you stated, adamantly and with absolutely NO reservation whatsoever, that you have decided to become a Bills fan?

Please...as much as you try to wipe away your well-deserved title of team-swapping whore by casually saying it was all a joke, I should remind you that I am NOT the one and only person who read your pledge and took it seriously. And that went way beyond wearing Bills attire.

And the simple fact that other fans...even Bills fans...would wear another team's colors just proves the simple fact that there are more of you out there. It in no way justifies what you did and said.

One good thing about this: at least you don't wait for me to show up anymore before you start defending your team-swapping whore ways after telling everyone how you look forward to 'feasting' on the 'buffet' that is today's TBD.

231621[/snapback]

Why are you so consumed with Mr. Flaccid's rooting interests?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, there are tons of bandwagon riders here in New England. Especially in my office.

Last week I had a co-worker tell me they were a big Patriots fan -- but they didn't watch football until the playoffs started because they were bored by the regular season! I wanted to vomit when I heard that.

One of these chowderheads was giving me the business about being a big Pats fan, and I asked them to name 5 players from their 1986 AFC champs team. THEY COULDN'T REMEMBER ONE! I asked them if they enjoyed watching Jim Nance and Gino Capelletti back in the day, and they looked at me blankly. (And it wasn't a 20-something kid I was talking to but someone in their 50s.)

Oh sure, they've had long-time fans who have been with the team since they had hard times at Fenway, Harvard, or Schaefer Stadium. To those fans, I say congratulations today.

But the chowderheads in their freshly minted Corey Dillon jersey who are bragging about the team should take some history lessons and learn to be gracious winners.

Why are you so consumed with Mr. Flaccid's rooting interests?

231822[/snapback]

I would be happy to explain that.

First, I reserve the right to bust the balls of any person who publicly does one thing, then publicly does another thing, and then publicly denies ever having done either thing. I did it to John Kerry and I do it to T-Bone.

Second, I take exception that this is a Bills message board, and the only contribution he makes to any conversation is either (a) mocking Bills fans [please note exhibits A and B below], despite the fact that he actually was one until we started losing or (b) discussing baseball.

Exhibit A, in which T-Bone announces the Patriot's Victory, and more importantly, how happy he is that everyone here regrets our team is not the Pats.

Exhibit B: A pre-Super Bowl wish from T-Bone.

The pain and suffering on this board after the Super Bowl will be so delicious, I can hardy wait to feast upon it.

Amazingly, and you may find this hard to believe, Hollywood Donahue (another Patsy troll) actually contributes more and better because when he contributes, he at least talks about the game from time to time.

Here is a link to all of T-Bone's contributions. He's not worth the time to read all of it, but since you asked, I thought I'd answer with examples.

Been a diehard ever since, despite not being able to watch half their games (outside of the area and no dish).

If you were a real fan you'd spend the $179 to watch all 16 games :w00t:

My story:

My parents were never really sports fans, so I never got into sports as a young kid. Then one Monday night I happened to turn the TV on and saw this football game. Hadn't really ever seen a football game before. It was '87 or '88, and the Jets and Bills were playing. "Buffalo has a football team???" I thought to myself (yeah, I was living under a rock, don't ask). I watched the game intently, trying to figure out the rules and such. I don't even remember who won the game, but all I knew was that it was awesome to watch. I've seen almost every game since -- the only ones I've missed were a couple of games in 2001 when I was in London for my honeymoon, and whatever games were blacked out while I was in highschool; and the second I woke up, I ran to the TV to use their interactive TV feature to see the score (we lost...).

And now I make DVDs :w00t:

CW

My story:

My parents were never really sports fans, so I never got into sports as a young kid.  Then one Monday night I happened to turn the TV on and saw this football game.  Hadn't really ever seen a football game before.  It was '87 or '88, and the Jets and Bills were playing.  "Buffalo has a football team???" I thought to myself (yeah, I was living under a rock, don't ask).

231839[/snapback]

and you're from the falls?

and you're from the falls?

231844[/snapback]

Yup; born in '75. No idea how I missed football for the first 12-13 years of my life. Just never knew anyone who watched. Actually, I knew my uncles watched sports, but I was never interested so never watched with them during holidays and such.

Sad, I know... :w00t:

CW

You've methodically reaffirmed that he's a knob - I'll give you that.

But feeding the B word makes one obese attention-devouring amoeba.

The context is appreciated though.

231843[/snapback]

I've tried starving the B word, but I woke up during the playoffs and he and another Bills fan from this board were suddenly cheering on the Pats vs. Pittsburgh, and both of them were giving Bills fans all kinds of crap about the 'dynasty' and how Bills fans are so pitiful, blah, blah.

Once they start recruiting and doing it unprovoked, I have to take action.

So many people just so upset with me....How can I ever bear it?????

I cannot believe that people would let some jerk on the internet piss them so off... :w00t:

231875[/snapback]

Dont be so hard on yourself Bonehead. I'm sure you're only a jerk when you post here.

Congrats on your win, now please leave.

Sadly, it's not in the cards for me. :w00t:

But it's not so bad. I live in NY, so I generally get to see them when they play the Jets and Bills, and they're on nationally a lot since they started winning. Plus, they're on whenever there isn't a conflicting Jets or Bills game, so I really only miss them a few times a year of late. The worst part about those weeks is that I have to sit through NFL Primetime with the two most insufferable hosts of all time just to see comprehensive highlights. :w00t:

Sadly, it's not in the cards for me. :(

But it's not so bad.  I live in NY, so I generally get to see them when they play the Jets and Bills, and they're on nationally a lot since they started winning.  Plus, they're on whenever there isn't a conflicting Jets or Bills game, so I really only miss them a few times a year of late.  The worst part about those weeks is that I have to sit through NFL Primetime with the two most insufferable hosts of all time just to see comprehensive highlights. :w00t:

231887[/snapback]

Whereas I sit down in front of my TV whenever I want during the week following a game and can watch highlights from any game I want, instantly... :w00t:

Dude, you really need DirecTV. No, really. :w00t:

CW

I've lived in Boston for 16 years now, and I can honestly say that I hate the Pats more now than when I moved here.  One big reason is being in close proximity to all their "fans".  Why you feel the need to post on a Bills board after having grown up a Dolphins fan, then devolved into a Pats fan is beyond my comprehension.  From what I can see, you're only here to be a prick when either the Sox or Pats win.  That's not being a fan, that's being a douche-bag.

231628[/snapback]

Now THATS a good post. Thanks Johnny. :w00t:

I've been a Bills fan since I knew what football was. The first Bills game I actually remember was a Bills-SD game in 1976 and I remember listening on the radio because it was a home game and it did not sell out. I was 5. My first game in person was the Bills-Miami opener in 1977.

I used to get picked on in school in 84-85 because I was a Bills fan. Imagine that, living in Buffalo and getting picked on for being a Bills fan! I knew better than the rest of those bastages. Kids in my neighborhood were all bandwagon jumpers. There were two kids three houses down from me and one was a Cowboys fan and the other was a Bears fan. Two houses down from them lived a Broncos fan. Another kid was a Dolphins fan and yet another was a Raiders fan. One kid was a huge CFL fan of all things. The kid next door liked Little House on the Prairie. He turned out to be gay. Anyways, as soon as 1988 hit and the Bills started winning, they all became Bills fans except for the gay kid. I have an extreme dislike for bandwagon jumping "fans". Anyways, I heard the gay kid lives in Vermont with his husband and the Cowboys fan is in prison for murder. Quite a strange neighborhood I grew up in.