Laptop Power converter for the car...

stevestojan

12v D/C to 120V A/C

http://store.l-f-l.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?...&CMP=KNC-goog12

When moving home, I am driving (22 hours), and I will be driving with another person. I figured have the laptop to watch DVDs, etc would be nice, but I was just wondering if these seem safe...  anyone ever use one?

230973[/snapback]

I've had a 50 dollar one from Circuit City that I've used for three years with my laptop driving 12 hours to NY. I have never once had any problem with it. I like to use my laptop because it's a big screen for my kids in the back seat. I would give it a positive endorsement. :lol:

12v D/C to 120V A/C

http://store.l-f-l.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?...&CMP=KNC-goog12

When moving home, I am driving (22 hours), and I will be driving with another person. I figured have the laptop to watch DVDs, etc would be nice, but I was just wondering if these seem safe...  anyone ever use one?

230973[/snapback]

I have one for the car. I too use it on long trips with the kids so they can watch movies on my laptop. Works great. Just make sure the one you get has enough watts to get the job done.

What do you do with or what are your going to do with your cell phone?  Why not ask the same question for it?  (Read) Yes, they are safe.

231290[/snapback]

My cell phone cost under $100. The lap top didnt.

That's why Im a touched concerned about hooking my laptop up to my car battery...

it works fine...i use one on every long trip on...

so my fiance can watch movies while i drive...:blink:

just make sure your laptop isn't some power hungry monkey (i.e. Alienware) that sucks up more power than the alternator can provide, otherwise if you suck so much that the alternator cannot keep up you will eventually discharge you car battery and your car will die on the road

i don't think laptops are really much of an issue for that

Yeah, 3 years. But explaining that I hooked up my new laptop to a cigarette lighter to a guy named Akmed over in New Dehli doesn't seem like a fun afternoon to me.

231328[/snapback]

I guess the only basis I have for comparison is reading your posts - so I understand completely.

Akmed's probably wrong. Something like Haji would be more appropriate.