Buffalo Bills needs as of 3/5/2015

Let's go through this position by position:

1: QB: Still a need in my eyes. Yes, Manuel is still young and has 14 games under his belt (not even a full season). Yes, Cassell is old and has never been much of anything (above average at best). Yes, Tuel is still on the roster, yet I have no idea why. But for this team, a game manager and an accurate QB seems all that is needed. Remember, Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson won Super Bowls and they were barely approaching average QB level. However, I can accept Cassell as a stop-gap measure.

2: RB: No longer a need. McCoy, Jackson and Dixon will carry the load.

3: WR: Woods, Watkins, Hogan, Goodwin, Easley. I'd say one more WR to shore it all out. I would go for Crabtree here in Free Agency.

4: TE: MAJOR NEED: Chandler approaches average and has selective stone hands. We need a receiving TE.

5: Tackles: Henderson and Glenn. . .no problem.

6: Guards: Richardson and ????. Draft a opening day ready guard in the second round if one is not open and best bang-for-buck in FA.

7: C: Eric is there until he retires, just like Kent Hull.

8: DL: Don't mess with perfection. If Hughes walks (and I expect him to do just that), Dareus, Williams and KW are fine by me.

9: LB: I would go to war with Brown, Spikes, Bradham and Lawson. I think another LB in FA would be a good signing.

10: DB: Change nothing. It's working fine. Leave it alone. Williams is a good safety, Graham, Robey, Rambo, Gilmore, McFumbles, Duke Williams.

11: ST: Nothing to worry about.

So of the needs:

QB

WR (for depth)

TE

G

LB (maybe)

All could be gotten through FA or the draft. The pieces are starting to fit together.

Let's see how fast I am called and idiot for this post.

Let's go through this position by position:

1: QB: Still a need in my eyes. Yes, Manuel is still young and has 14 games under his belt (not even a full season). Yes, Cassell is old and has never been much of anything (above average at best). Yes, Tuel is still on the roster, yet I have no idea why. But for this team, a game manager and an accurate QB seems all that is needed. Remember, Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson won Super Bowls and they were barely approaching average QB level. However, I can accept Cassell as a stop-gap measure.

2: RB: No longer a need. McCoy, Jackson and Dixon will carry the load.

3: WR: Woods, Watkins, Hogan, Goodwin, Easley. I'd say one more WR to shore it all out. I would go for Crabtree here in Free Agency.

4: TE: MAJOR NEED: Chandler approaches average and has selective stone hands. We need a receiving TE.

5: Tackles: Henderson and Glenn. . .no problem.

6: Guards: Richardson and ????. Draft a opening day ready guard in the second round if one is not open and best bang-for-buck in FA.

7: C: Eric is there until he retires, just like Kent Hull.

8: DL: Don't mess with perfection. If Hughes walks (and I expect him to do just that), Dareus, Williams and KW are fine by me.

9: LB: I would go to war with Brown, Spikes, Bradham and Lawson. I think another LB in FA would be a good signing.

10: DB: Change nothing. It's working fine. Leave it alone. Williams is a good safety, Graham, Robey, Rambo, Gilmore, McFumbles, Duke Williams.

11: ST: Nothing to worry about.

So of the needs:

QB

WR (for depth)

TE

G

LB (maybe)

All could be gotten through FA or the draft. The pieces are starting to fit together.

Let's see how fast I am called and idiot for this post.

I don't think you're an idiot, but I disagree with a few points.

I don't think TE is a major need, but we definitely have a need for an upper echelon tight end. I think Chandler is underrated around here.

You forgot about Incognito. I'm also not sold on Glenn and Henderson. Really hoping Kouandijo takes that next step.

You come off as a decent enough guy, but I'm not sure i agree with your talent assessment of our Oline at any position

And Crabtree? No way in hell. Lazy, Old, Stupid, Slow, and with all that, for some reason, Diva.

I think your post was more to encourage discussion, than to present thorough research.

But hey, that's what a message board is for. Cheers. :beer:

Edited by maddenboy