Offensive Line FA's, an in depth look

Estro

Expect the Bills to pursue Iupati as a top priority. He is the best run blocking OG in the league......a monster of a man.

Roman knows him well and will push hard for him.

Or, Roman knows him well and knows he can't pass block worth a spit. Could go either way.

I know all we're hearing about is ground and pound, but the Bills have Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods playing. This team is going to want to throw the ball; we can't pick up one-dimensional Gs who can't pass block.

I read more often than I post , but I have to mention the quality of this post, very good job! Hopefully we can upgrade the O-line in free agency at both G and T to get the running game going, ground and pound, control the clock, and our already strong defense will benefit from it!

I know all we're hearing about is ground and pound, but the Bills have Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods playing. This team is going to want to throw the ball; we can't pick up one-dimensional Gs who can't pass block.

I need to look but I think the Bills O needs to reduce the number of sacks. if a G and or T can do that, then maybe the blocking TE's and RB's can actually pass catch instead of pass block.

Really good post Estro.

Kinda surprising this thread has only two pages considering how desperate this team is for some quality upgrades on the line. But then part of it might be that a lot of Bills fans don't like PFF very much, as the truth hurts.

Whats funny is Urbik might have graded better then Pears last year, and yet fell on his face hard in a very important game against the Raiders. He has had a tendency to do that over the years, and is a big reason why I can't stand him in a bills uni. If you have that Raiders game TVoed then go back and watch 6:18 in the first QTR where Spiller gets the hand off from Orton, and gets tackled as soon as he touches the ball for a -5 yard loss. That particular play there were 7 Bills on the line blocking 5 Raiders, and 3 Raiders broke thru almost instantly. 49 passes for Orton that game, and 13 rushes for 13 yards says it all. This was against a 2-12 team, and the Bills players on that line folded like deck chairs on the titanic.

For me, I don't trust Incognito or Williams to make it thru the season, so in my view the team still needs two quality OG's and a RT.

Its going to be interesting this off season to see if the Bills scouts / Whaley can finally remove their heads from their posteriors and get the line upgraded properly. Otherwise it won't matter who the coaches are, or who the RB / QB will be.