FCC fine?

Fezmid

When will people learn not to fear language, off color or otherwise.

It still bugs me that this board has a profanity filter.

230259[/snapback]

Amen to that. Who cares. It's a word. And while we're on that, let Janet get ass naked if she wants.

-Jeff

Effing Patriots.

When will people learn not to fear language, off color or otherwise.

It still bugs me that this board has a profanity filter.

230259[/snapback]

When will people learn it has nothing to do with fear. The use of profanity only shows the ignorance or stupidity of the speaker.

It bugs me that people use words just as filler. Say what you mean, not the first empty word that comes to your feeble little mind.

When will people learn it has nothing to do with fear.  The use of profanity only shows the ignorance or stupidity of the speaker.

It bugs me that people use words just as filler.  Say what you mean, not the first empty word that comes to your feeble little mind.

230271[/snapback]

I agree. But we shouldn't censor language. It makes it that much more difficult to identify the idiots.

Let's show all the violence we want on TV, but all hell breaks lose if someone lets an F-bomb fly.

Gimme a break.

When will people learn it has nothing to do with fear.  The use of profanity only shows the ignorance or stupidity of the speaker.

230271[/snapback]

And/or or lack of mastery of the English language...

I agree. But we shouldn't censor language. It makes it that much more difficult to identify the idiots.

Let's show all the violence we want on TV, but all hell breaks lose if someone lets an F-bomb fly.

Gimme a break.

230281[/snapback]

I agree about violence, but just because we show one doesn't OK everything else. All that garbage shows the inadequacy of the entertainment. It truly becomes amusing in the literal sense -- amusing meaning "without thought."

It bugs me that people use words just as filler.  Say what you mean, not the first empty word that comes to your feeble little mind.

230271[/snapback]

I agree. But don't censor it... Sure, they're idiots, I agree. No need to protect us, though.

230271[/snapback]

so george carlin and richard pryor and lenny bruce are idiots? ok...i'll remind you when the next 'Full House' marathon comes on.

230271[/snapback]

You certainly are correct about stupid gratuitous use of filler instead of people simply saying what they mean or just keeping silent if they have nothing to say.

What really seems to be totally acceopted in this society even though it is just mindless filler is the common usage of people saying uhhuhh to connect sentences when they don't have any words to say.

There ought to be a law against it. The FCC should fine folks for use of this mindless filler instead of their using the King's English. People may think your a fool then folks use this sound as a filler and they remove all dougt.

Perhaps you want to join me in this crusade since it seems to fit your definitions so well.