golf fans -- is Tiger Woods done?

truth on hold

• 2 weeks later...

TT postscript: So, what happened on 16? | Golf Channel

ATLANTA – It looked like Tiger Woods might finish the day a couple off the lead. Then it looked like he’d be a couple ahead. In the end, he shares the 36-hole lead at the Tour Championship with Justin Rose. All things considered, seems about right. Here are some things to know as we head to the weekend.

• It was a rock concert on Friday at East Lake when Tiger made a 24-footer for birdie at the par-3 15th. People in Buckhead had to hear the roars. It was his third birdie in four holes and he was looking good for a multiple-shot lead by day’s end. And then came the double bogey at 16. We’ll get to that later, but what happened at 15 today was just a snippet of what we will see if he does something similar on Saturday or Sunday.

• OK, 16. With all that momentum, Tiger pulled his tee shot into the trees. He then got too aggressive and tried to – at worst – hit his second shot into the greenside bunker. Only, he didn't. He hit it into the bunker fronting that bunker. Four strokes later he went from 2 up to tied. Here’s his explanation:

"I wasn't quite sure I could carry that bunker with that lie I had. I only had a 168 [yards to the] front, but I had 130 cover on that bunker and tried to go up with a 9-iron. And it was between 9-iron and wedge, and I thought I could get enough on a 9-iron to get over that bunker and to have an angle to get back to that back left pin. In hindsight, I probably should have just pitched out and the worst I would make is 5, and with my wedge game right now, a pretty high percentage I would have got that up-and-down. But I thought I could sneak it up there and get up on the upslope and have a good angle in there, and it just didn't work out."

woods_tourchamp18_d2_scorecard.jpg