FA QB option: Matt Moore

YoloinOhio

Out of curiosity, if Moore outplayed EJ in camp and pre-season would you still want him to be the back up?

I'd be happy to see them draft someone and have a true competition between him, EJ, and Moore, best man wins.

It wouldn't be anything fancy and it would still leave open the option for looking for something better for 2016. But I think we need to be realistic in our expectations unless some QB equivalent of this McCoy trade comes along.

Sanchez scares me because he will play just well enough before coughing the game up. Locker is EJ with another year of middling play under his belt. The other options are all pretty meh.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My #Bills source also said Buffalo's FA QB list is Matt Moore, Mark Sanchez and Jake Locker. Didn't specify if that was in order of priority

I'm still hoping we sign Moore, but after the trade today I'm preparing to go into the season with EJ. Fix the line this year, install the systems, let EJ battle it out in camp with Moore/Locker (hopefully not Sanchez) and see who wins. Focus on finding/manufacturing a way to pry a veteran QB (who hasn't won a ring) away from another team over the next two or three years that this window is open. There are a couple of QBs who fit that description who might become available next off season. Put the roster in place now to attract that guy and go all in on him. The team would be loaded, making it an attractive spot for that kind of top tier, yet ring deprived, QB. That's really a pretty realistic scenario and one I'd imagine they've considered.

There's a chance it could happen in the next few months if something were to go haywire in Denver and Peyton shook loose, but that's probably a pipe dream.

Edited by GreggyT

I'm still hoping we sign Moore, but after the trade today I'm preparing to go into the season with EJ. Fix the line this year, install the systems, let EJ battle it out in camp with Moore/Locker (hopefully not Sanchez) and see who wins. Focus on finding/manufacturing a way to pry a veteran QB (who hasn't won a ring) away from another team over the next two or three years that this window is open. There are a couple of QBs who fit that description who might become available next off season. Put the roster in place now to attract that guy and go all in on him. The team would be loaded, making it an attractive spot for that kind of top tier, yet ring deprived, QB. That's really a pretty realistic scenario and one I'd imagine they've considered.

There's a chance it could happen in the next few months if something were to go haywire in Denver and Peyton shook loose, but that's probably a pipe dream.

I think he is the best option for the Bills at this point. I hope they sign him....