Andy Dalton named to Pro Bowl as 7th alternate or something.

He did not really have a great season, but due to injuries and playoff QB's he was just named as a replacement for Aaron Rodgers. This made me wonder, not that he was good enough, but what if Orton had been named as a replacement player. Would he still have been eligible, willing to play after he filed his retirement papers?

He did not really have a great season, but due to injuries and playoff QB's he was just named as a replacement for Aaron Rodgers. This made me wonder, not that he was good enough, but what if Orton had been named as a replacement player. Would he still have been eligible, willing to play after he filed his retirement papers?

LMAO!! Well, they must not have watched his playoff game...geesh

The Pro-Bowl is a joke and a waste of time. Every year more and more players back out of playing in it. They need to just name the players who would've made the team and skip the game. Anyone remember JR Redmond and that stupid Beach Bowl game he played in and ended up with basically a career ending injury? I don't think I've ever watched more than 10 minutes of a Pro-Bowl.

The Pro-Bowl is a joke and a waste of time. Every year more and more players back out of playing in it. They need to just name the players who would've made the team and skip the game. Anyone remember JR Redmond and that stupid Beach Bowl game he played in and ended up with basically a career ending injury? I don't think I've ever watched more than 10 minutes of a Pro-Bowl.

I believe it was Robert Edwards

Pro Bowl is a complete waste of time and has been for a long time which they just made worse by playing it week before the super bowl

I believe it was Robert Edwards

Pro Bowl is a complete waste of time and has been for a long time which they just made worse by playing it week before the super bowl

I think you're right. Redmond may have been injured in a regular season game now that I think about.

And I was gonna also say that moving the game to the off week before the Superbowl made it that much more of a waste. Seeing how quite a few players from the two SB teams usually make the PB team. I don't even know how the PB makes the NFL any money.

Oops, just realized there was already another thread on the Pro-Bowl being a joke. Mods, please merge my posts if you care to.

Edited by Not Again

They are in different conferences, but your point remains the same. Probowl is ridiculous as is. Should just be a list and not a game.