"American Sniper" ....Go see it.

BringBackFergy

Was Bill Murray nominated? I thought he was incredible in St. Vincent, even if his 'brooklyn-born' accent was a bit boston-ish...he was great, as usual

I wil take that bet. Cooper wins little Oscar in a walk in my estimation. Keaton is a long shot, Eddie the biggest challenger to the coopster.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed the movie. It was better then Zero Dark Thirty, though not as gripping.

I agree. I think "Zero Dark Thirty" is a tad overrated. Jessica Chastain is good, and it does have it's gripping moments. But I thought "Sniper" was a better movie.

It was supposed to be a true story. The only things true were his name, that he killed a bunch of people and that he died. Everything else was made up. I was entertained. But I could have been entertained when it hit Netflix and not spent $35 for 3 people to go see it in the thee-ay-ter.

You are aware that thee-ay-ter's have these things called matinee's and discount days, right?

Michael Keaton was amazing....thought the movie kind of sucked, but Keaton and Norton were outstanding, and that isn't meant to take anything away from Coopers performance, he was incredible as well

Keaton was great, although I disagree with you about the movie, I really enjoyed "Birdman".

The Best Actor category is a tough call. I've seen Keaton, Cooper & Cumberbatch's movies and they are all strong performances. I've heard nothing but great things about Redmayne and Carrell too.

You could make a case for any one of these guys to win.

I wil take that bet. Cooper wins little Oscar in a walk in my estimation. Keaton is a long shot, Eddie the biggest challenger to the coopster.

Keep in mind, I am predicting what I think the Academy will do.

Redmayne plays Stephen Hawking, and the Academy really loves it when actors play characters with physical disabilities.

Keaton will have sentiment and longevity on his side, not to mention that big break that can lead to a comeback.

I think the Academy will dismiss Cooper & Cumberbatch, with the idea that they will win Oscars later on in their careers.

That leaves Carrell as the long shot. Showing that he can do drama will entice the Academy. The thing that hurts Carrell, is that "Foxcatcher" did not get a Best Picture nomination.