The Five Most Overrated Players In The NFL

sferris

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me, Peyton Manning is top 5

great stats but 1 title

so marino and kelly sucked too i guess. and calvin johnson and adrian peterson.

peyton is one of the most dominating qb's ever. definitely getting older but hardly overrated.

Hmmm ... A poster with only three posts, starting at least two threads, both with links to questionably written articles?

My first and last clue was the shortened URL with wp.me in the address. The dude is just linking to his own Wordpress blog.

EDIT: all three posts started threads, all pointing to Wordpress blog. I won't even click given I can tell the content from the threads. Stop giving him free advertising ... And bonus traffic.

whenever I see a "guess who" type link i never click on them. i hate those 'click through' whores.

i would put Byrd in there for sure. a few years ago I was afraid superMario was among them because he started pretty slow for us, but he's been great.

the biggest surprise Bill for me has been Whitner. I always thought he was too slow in coverage and too much of a liability against a decent TE but he's had a good post-Buff career and found the pro bowl a few times since.

That is one horrific list. I don't think he understands what "overrated" means. AFAIK it means better than popular perception. Wallace is pretty much a national punching bag at this point, thus underrated if anything (horrible fit w/ Tannehill who cannot throw a deep ball) albeit he is way overpaid. Everyone knows Fitzgerald is past his prime. Oher? As a general rule no OLman should ever be on an 'overrated' list unless they're a future HoF'er who is way past their prime.

How do you know this?

I couldn't disagree more. The only time Spiller's good is when he has huge holes and no one around him, or as they call it, in space.

Any RB is much better behind a great OL. But even behind a great OL you still need to get those tough yards and often take what that line gives you, Spiller sucks at that.

Maybe the fact that he averaged 3.8 ypc this season weighs in somewhere.

He was terrible this season in every game except for week 2 against Miami where he was moderately good.

I will never understand this infatuation with a player that has never come close to living up to the hype. Five seasons and people still think he's going to turn from a pumpkin into butterfly.

Watch, he'll go to the Jets, as he threatens, and all of a sudden he'll suck according to everyone here.

It's known as Roscoe Parrish disease.

Hmmm ... A poster with only three posts, starting at least two threads, both with links to questionably written articles?

My first and last clue was the shortened URL with wp.me in the address. The dude is just linking to his own Wordpress blog.

EDIT: all three posts started threads, all pointing to Wordpress blog. I won't even click given I can tell the content from the threads. Stop giving him free advertising ... And bonus traffic.

Winner winner- mods?

I'm on mobile but encourage others to report the op if he's linking his own trash articles and not discussing

Edited by NoSaint

You had me up until Suh. Really? That man is an absolute terror. He is in the top 3 dlinemen in the NFL in my books.

he isnt bad or anything. i guess im spoiled by being a bills fan and getting to watch the best dlinemen in the nfl tear it up every sunday, but, while suh is talented, he is set to get paid a ridiculous amount. by comparison, marcell dareus is leagues better, but gets less recognition. suh gets more hype than he deserves due ti his on the field antics... 8 sacks isnt bad, in fact it's superb, but a couple of years ago, he only had like 4 and still the whole world was going crazy over him and that doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me