You don't believe in the death penalty?

Hey, knock yourself out with the religion thing. I choose to believe in things that i can actually see, touch, hear. You choose to believe in a book written by men, full of some nice little fables. To each their own.

229411[/snapback]

So I guess you think the world is flat I doubt you have been high enough in the air to see the curvature. You can't believe the pictures they are fakes. <_<

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed MIT this morning, Dept. of Physics, Dept. of Astronomy, and their alumni association.  Haven't heard back from any of them yet, though I've already found on my own that he's from their class of '59.  Beyond that...it looks like he taught drama...  <_<

233592[/snapback]

I emailed Schroeder himself, so we will see what he says.

Why would you publish in a rag like Physics Review when you can publish books. Much more credible.

233596[/snapback]

Silly me...I forgot, the peer review process of professional journals doesn't even come close to establishing the same level of credibility as the moron review process of mass marketed books... <_<<_<

Silly me...I forgot, the peer review process of professional journals doesn't even come close to establishing the same level of credibility as the moron review process of mass marketed books...  <_<  <_<

233605[/snapback]

I am glad I could teach you something today. :lol:

What I wrote about FDR:

The official American policy of unconditional surrender did not benefit America whatsoever. On the contrary, had the German generals succeeded in overthrowing Hitler, peace with Germany would have ended a painful European war several years early, while reducing the danger the Soviet Union posed in the postwar period. In addition, getting rid of Hitler in 1942 or 1943 would have prevented further human rights violations by Hitler, and would have prevented the Soviet genocide against the German people. Allied extermination bombings directed against the people of Germany could also have been avoided. Roosevelt's decision to discourage the German resistance--and therefore strengthen Hitler's hold on power--demonstrates that Hitler's human rights record was not a major factor in Roosevelt's decision to wage war. This attitude comes as no surprise to anyone familiar with FDR's reaction to the various Soviet genocides. Unfortunately, saving the lives of brave and idealistic American soldiers was not a priority for FDR either. Had the German generals overthrown Hitler, the European war would clearly no longer have been necessary, and the deaths of hundreds of thousands of brave young men could have been avoided. Had FDR offered an honorable peace to a de-Nazified Germany, more generals would almost certainly have joined in the plot to overthrow Hitler.

217595[/snapback]

Your interpretation: "Stalin is a stooge of FDR."

What I wrote about Kurt Warner:

Kurt's QB rating is ten points higher than Drew's. Kurt didn't have an offensive line down in NY; while Drew's line came together to provide good pass protection for all but the first six games or so. It's safe to say that Kurt did a lot more with a lot less. He seems to be well on his way back to being the player who'd cut up opposing defenses like a man among boys.

229482[/snapback]

Your interpretation: "Warner's the greatest quarterback in the league right now."

What I wrote about Schroeder:

As for Schroeder, I believe I've already addressed the issue of his qualifications by pointing out he's a former MIT physics professor. The types of calculations necessary to support his theory--such as calculating the speed of the universe's expansion using red shift, calculating the relativistic effect that said expansion would have on the passage of time, etc.--seem well within the ability of any qualified physics professor, let alone one from MIT.

231960[/snapback]

Your interpretation: "Gerald Schroeder is the premire physicist of our era."

As is my habit, I looked it all up.  What, do think that once you stop reading a post it disappears forever? 

233589[/snapback]

I'm delighted that my posts don't go away. It means I get to correct gross misinterpretations such as yours. <_<

Intersting website on the Universe and the expansion of it...One things I've always had a hard time picturing is what is the Universe expanding into...If you were able to get to the edge of the universe what would you see...Sounds stupid I know but just one of those things I can't picture...Universe

You really don't get the Jay Schroeder reset?  Lighten up, Kurt.

233565[/snapback]

At first it seemed like he was joking, but after a while I got the impression that he was actually confused between Jay Schroeder--the QB for the Raiders when we hammered them in the AFC Championship game--and Gerald Schroeder. If he was STILL on the Jay Schroeder "joke," it was clearly a case of pursuing a joke long after it had lost whatever humor it had had.

Intersting website on the Universe and the expansion of it...One things I've always had a hard time picturing is what is the Universe expanding into...If you were able to get to the edge of the universe what would you see...Sounds stupid I know but just one of those things I can't picture...Universe

233632[/snapback]

You are unwise to use a phrase like "sounds stupid," at least not on a thread like this! DC Tom will come along and say something like, "What you said sounds stupid because it is stupid, just as you are stupid. In fact, anyone who has ever disagreed with me about whether Ilya Ehrenburg was or wasn't a Soviet propaganda minister is an absolute idiot. Come to think of it, just about the only time I get to see someone whose intelligence I respect is when I look in the mirror."

At first it seemed like he was joking, but after a while I got the impression that he was actually confused between Jay Schroeder--the QB for the Raiders when we hammered them in the AFC Championship game--and Gerald Schroeder. If he was STILL on the Jay Schroeder "joke," it was clearly a case of pursuing a joke long after it had lost whatever humor it had had.

233635[/snapback]

Well, he is a college professor...

You are unwise to use a phrase like "sounds stupid," at least not on a thread like this! DC Tom will come along and say something like, "What you said sounds stupid because it is stupid, just as you are stupid. In fact, anyone who has ever disagreed with me about whether Ilya Ehrenburg was or wasn't a Soviet propaganda minister is an absolute idiot. Come to think of it, just about the only time I get to see someone whose intelligence I respect is when I look in the mirror."

233646[/snapback]

Well no offense to DC Tom but it wouldn't bother me at all for someone to call me stupid on an Internet message board...Plus I know I'm smarter than anyone on this board... <_<

233635[/snapback]

Calling him Jay Schroeder was probably a complement. Read the posts: I was clearly playing on your boy's name. Gerald is commonly shortened to Jay. But hey, don't take my word for that. Go find a linguist PhD to explain it to you.

Still no answer on your take of the Bible? Still no answer on your love affair with Jesus Warner(1) having something to do with this?

And again, you really love the credentials don't you? I know a lot of science PhDs because of what I do for a living. Some are brialliant. Others are morons. Hanging a piece of paper on your wall means you worked hard enough for X years to get a degree. Don't confuse that with what someone did post-degree, or with their intelligence. If he's a brilliant physicist, he would be recognized as such by his peers. And is he? Well?

No. Who recognizes his "brilliance"? People like you.

(1) Jesus Warner is not a QB in the NFL, in case you want to do the "pompous" dance again.

What I wrote about FDR:

Your interpretation: "Stalin is a stooge of FDR."

What I wrote about Kurt Warner:

Your interpretation: "Warner's the greatest quarterback in the league right now."

What I wrote about Schroeder:

Your interpretation: "Gerald Schroeder is the premire physicist of our era."

I'm delighted that my posts don't go away. It means I get to correct gross misinterpretations such as yours. <_<

233612[/snapback]

Give me a break...my crack about your views on Schroeder is hyperbole, obviously, but you've written MUCH more on the other topics than you're quoting. That you conveniently choose to quote only the least obnoxious of your posts is...convenient.

And even though I say my crack on Schroeder is hyperbole...you seem to believe he's solved four distinct theoretical physics problems in one hard-cover book, which would make him the preeminent physicist of our time. It's not even that much hyperbole. Not that you'd comprehend that, as you seem completely incapable of anything remotely resembling critical thought. Why don't you just get it over with and join a cult already? <_<

Hanging a piece of paper on your wall means you worked hard enough for X years to get a degree.

233715[/snapback]

Hey, the degree looks good on a book cover. It makes it easier for people to buy into any drivel you publish.

Calling him Jay Schroeder was probably a complement. Read the posts: I was clearly playing on your boy's name. Gerald is commonly shortened to Jay. But hey, don't take my word for that. Go find a linguist PhD to explain it to you.

Still no answer on your take of the Bible? Still no answer on your love affair with Jesus Warner(1) having something to do with this?

And again, you really love the credentials don't you? I know a lot of science PhDs because of what I do for a living. Some are brialliant. Others are morons. Hanging a piece of paper on your wall means you worked hard enough for X years to get a degree. Don't confuse that with what someone did post-degree, or with their intelligence. If he's a brilliant physicist, he would be recognized as such by his peers. And is he? Well?

No. Who recognizes his "brilliance"? People like you.

(1) Jesus Warner is not a QB in the NFL, in case you want to do the "pompous" dance again.

233715[/snapback]

There really isn't a lot here for me to respond to. I point out that Warner's QB rating was ten points higher than Bledsoe's, and suddenly I get accused of being in love with the guy. Your point about science PhDs might be true for someone with a PhD from Wannabe U, but less applicable to someone with a PhD from MIT.

Give me a break...my crack about your views on Schroeder is hyperbole, obviously, but you've written MUCH more on the other topics than you're quoting.  That you conveniently choose to quote only the least obnoxious of your posts is...convenient. 

And even though I say my crack on Schroeder is hyperbole...you seem to believe he's solved four distinct theoretical physics problems in one hard-cover book, which would make him the preeminent physicist of our time.  It's not even that much hyperbole.  Not that you'd comprehend that, as you seem completely incapable of anything remotely resembling critical thought.  Why don't you just get it over with and join a cult already?  <_<

233735[/snapback]

Problem is, I am capable of critical thought, which is why I don't accept your accusations against me . . . uncritically. Or indeed at all.

Yes, I've written a lot on the topics I'm quoting, and no, there wasn't space to quote everything I'd written. If I've written something much more "obnoxious" about those subjects, go ahead and quote it. If you can't do so, I suggest you admit you're wrong. Which you are.

There really isn't a lot here for me to respond to. I point out that Warner's QB rating was ten points higher than Bledsoe's, and suddenly I get accused of being in love with the guy. Your point about science PhDs might be true for someone with a PhD from Wannabe U, but less applicable to someone with a PhD from MIT.

233740[/snapback]

It's a miracle that curiousity survives formal education.

-some wannabe physicist

I've never seen someone so in love with a degree in my life. You are really out of touch brother.

I know PhDs from several schools, including 2 MIT PhDs. Some are smart. Some are dumb. The smart ones, believe it or not, get published, work hard, and get critical acclaim. At least some of the dumb ones are pompous windbags who try to convince stupid people that their degree entitles them to accolades.

Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. You've ignored a substantive argument on this topic for at least 8 replies, and you keep reframing your issues, but you are still wrong at every turn.

To sum up:

1) You don't understand Shroeder's theories.

2) You can't engage in a dialog about them.

2a) You can't address the holes in Schroeder's theories.

3) You believe Schroeder because he's (maybe) a PhD physicist from MIT.

3a) You would follow a PhD from a good school's word on anything.

4) You believe Genisis is right that the world was created in 6 days... err 24 hour periods.

5) You like Kurt Warner because he doesn't suck as much as Bledsoe... or because he is a super-Christian, or both.

Ever think of taking piano lessons from Schroder? He plays a mean piano. Of course, he doesn't have a music PhD.

It's a miracle that curiousity survives formal education.

-some wannabe physicist

I've never seen someone so in love with a degree in my life. You are really out of touch brother.

I know PhDs from several schools, including 2 MIT PhDs. Some are smart. Some are dumb. The smart ones, believe it or not, get published, work hard, and get critical acclaim. At least some of the dumb ones are pompous windbags who try to convince stupid people that their degree entitles them to accolades.

Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. You've ignored a substantive argument on this topic for at least 8 replies, and you keep reframing your issues, but you are still wrong at every turn.

To sum up:

1) You don't understand Shroeder's theories.

2) You can't engage in a dialog about them.

2a) You can't address the holes in Schroeder's theories.

3) You believe Schroeder because he's (maybe) a PhD physicist from MIT.

3a) You would follow a PhD from a good school's word on anything.

4) You believe Genisis is right that the world was created in 6 days... err 24 hour periods.

5) You like Kurt Warner because he doesn't suck as much as Bledsoe... or because he is a super-Christian, or both.

Ever think of taking piano lessons from Schroder? He plays a mean piano.  Of course, he doesn't have a music PhD.

233795[/snapback]

Some of this is just wild accusation, and the Warner comment is simply irrelevant. You talk about holes in Schroeder's theory, but what you really mean is that no current scientific theory can explain the passage of time at the exact instant the Big Bang took place. If Shroeder didn't have a degree you'd accuse him of not knowing anything. Given that he has a PhD in physics from MIT, you accuse him of . . . not knowing anything, and you accuse me of being in love with degrees. There is no pleasing you, because you have concluded in advance that Shroeder's theories are wrong.

Come to think of it, I was a Warner fan long before I learned he was a Christian. Here was a guy who reached rock bottom, who was bagging groceries for crying out loud. When he finally got his chance, he stepped onto the field and played without fear. He carved up defenses like a hot knife through butter. I think that anyone can admire a guy like that, and it's only after his Christian faith became an issue that I've noticed some people starting to dislike him.