What if Pegulas are geniuses, got rid of him, saved $4m

If I'm not mistaken, money owed on coaching contracts is negated if the coach gets another job. N'est pas?

It was previously reported that this 4M Golden Parachute has no strings attached. He would get it whether he coached here or not. In addition, any other money he earns this year elsewhere does not get deducted from that 4M. It was 100% guaranteed with zero loss.

So either he stayed here for 4M, stayed home for 4M, or worked on another team for 4M + Whatever they pay him.

Wish I could convince my bosses of a similar contract..

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was previously reported that this 4M Golden Parachute has no strings attached. He would get it whether he coached here or not. In addition, any other money he earns this year elsewhere does not get deducted from that 4M. It was 100% guaranteed with zero loss.

So either he stayed here for 4M, stayed home for 4M, or worked on another team for 4M + Whatever they pay him.

Wish I could convince my bosses of a similar contract..

Amen my brother, amen.

If I'm not mistaken, money owed on coaching contracts is negated if the coach gets another job. N'est pas?

Not negated, offset. So if we would have fired him and owed him 4 mil per year and another team paid him 3 mil per year, the Bills would be on the hook for 1 mil per year.

I believe the 4 mil for next year only applied if he executed the out clause and would not have been applicable if fired. If he had remained unemployed, the Bills would have been on the hook for the total contract remaining.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL