(OT) Russians Storm School;

ch19079

The only reason that post is there is because it got moved from the other board. I didn't say anything about living in fear. I'm not living in fear, are you? One candidate supports a philosophy of going after the terror guys where they live and breed. One advocates a philosophy of increasing a Homeland Capability to better be able to respond to attack. All his mumbo jumbo about alliances and such is just that.

Simply depends on which approach you prefer. I happen to prefer the former. Especially since I help engineer it. Now, go smack yourself in the head some more if it makes you feel better.

17470[/snapback]

No. It sure sounds like you are? What you do is spread that fear through a lot weaker soul. Obviously you have a vested interest in "your" plan. When it doesn't work, will you know?... Most likely not because it is your "cash cow".

Why should you be trusted?

Nothing will change my mind/your mind... We are fundamentally different people (with the exception of a certain football team... <_< ).

No disrespect.

You actually think that will work?

They are fanatics... They want to hurt you where they know it will hurt... In their eyes you would be giving them their satisfaction.

We live in a different world.  The only thing that can work against them is our STABILITY.

You stay stable, they lose... No other way around it.

17466[/snapback]

Clearly these are people that don't celebrate life or put a value on it. They believe they are headed twoward a glory in the afterlife that may or may not exist. Who knows? If they don't care about their own lives, make them suffer through the misery of people they care about. I'd take it a step further. Not only would I cut off their essentials, I'd put them ina cell that was just big enough so that they could lay down, but not stand up. Then, I'd feed them just enough gruel so that they stayed alive and then I'd have TV sreens in the cell that flashed the faces of the children that died in the standoff. 24 hours a day- 7 days a week. For the rest of their lives. No interaction with anyone else for as long as they live.

No.  It sure sounds like you are?  What you do is spread that fear through a lot weaker soul.  Obviously you have a vested interest in "your" plan.  When it doesn't work, will you know?... Most likely not because it is your "cash cow".

Why should you be trusted?

Nothing will change my mind/your mind... We are fundamentally different people (with the exception of a certain football team... <_< ).

No disrespect.

17493[/snapback]

You know? I personally don't really care one way or another for myself. My reason for living died May 18th, 2004. Getting through a day is often a painful chore to me. And it's not "my" plan. I happen to a member of the plans working group at NORTHCOM who has the responsibility for homeland defense. This group includes about a hundred military and civilian subject matter experts in a variety of fields, from legal to air defense to strategy to logistics to WMD to FBI to unconventional warfare. It's completely 100%apolitical and matters very little to my "contract". It's one of several areas that I work in. No matter who wins the election, what I do for a living is not going to change. One candidate will probably make the job more difficult, is all.

After a LOT of analysis, thought, discussion and debate the group came to the conclusion that the only viable homeland defense was to fight a global "away game" and concentrate domestic efforts on the most likely avenues of approach. There is a difference between Homeland Defense and Homeland Security.

At the risk of how this sounds, I do this stuff for people like you. I'm a hell of a lot closer to the issue than anyone else here, and I know what I'm talking about. No one should run around in fear, but neither should they blow it off. The fact remains that this country is at war, and few seem to realize they are living on one of the battlegrounds.

And yes, I think it's pretty disrespectful-and your insinuations are downright insulting-but I also don't care because we all tend to be that way here from time to time.

You know? I personally don't really care one way or another for myself. My reason for living died May 18th, 2004. Getting through a day is often a painful chore to me. And it's not "my" plan. I happen to a member of the plans working group at NORTHCOM who has the responsibility for homeland defense. This group includes about a hundred military and civilian subject matter experts in a variety of fields, from legal to air defense to strategy to logistics to WMD to FBI to unconventional warfare. It's completely 100%apolitical and matters very little to my "contract". It's one of several areas that I work in. No matter who wins the election, what I do for a living is not going to change. One candidate will probably make the job more difficult, is all.

After a LOT of analysis, thought, discussion and debate the group came to the conclusion that the only viable homeland defense was to fight a global "away game" and concentrate domestic efforts on the most likely avenues of approach. There is a difference between Homeland Defense and Homeland Security.

At the risk of how this sounds, I do this stuff for people like you. I'm a hell of a lot closer to the issue than anyone else here, and I know what I'm talking about. No one should run around in fear, but neither should they blow it off. The fact remains that this country is at war, and few seem to realize they are living on one of the battlegrounds.

And yes, I think it's pretty disrespectful-and your insinuations are downright insulting-but I also don't care because we all tend to be that way here from time to time.

17521[/snapback]

Sorry. This is a message board. Trust is not an easy thing. Again, my deepest sympathy.

I have said before: "Great nations have their heros, great nations shouldn't need their heros." I am sure you do a great job, thanks. Just do it for your own love. Everything will work out.

I am not saying blow it off. No man is an island, we need help. We need to be humble enough to accept this help.

I don't have a problem with the "away game", just how we went about doing it.

Life is a battleground, always has, always will be.

Hang in there... You are doing fine, I can't imagine what you have been through.

Sorry.  This is a message board.  Trust is not an easy thing.  Again, my deepest sympathy.

I have said before: "Great nations have their heros, great nations shouldn't need their heros."  I am sure you do a great job, thanks.  Just do it for your own love.  Everything will work out.

I am not saying blow it off.  No man is an island, we need help.  We need to be humble enough to accept this help.

I don't have a problem with the "away game", just how we went about doing it.

Life is a battleground, always has, always will be.

Hang in there... You are doing fine, I can't imagine what you have been through.

17548[/snapback]

Truce.

Just never say you are beaten, just never.

Truce.

17561[/snapback]

There's nothing heroic about any of it. And I truly wish that we didn't have to consider any of it, after all I have a perfectly serviceable Iran and North Korea to idle away my time with. and I didn't mean to write a sympathy post, it's just how i view things now.

What I would like anyone reading this thread to come away with is that these things aren't created in a vacuum by a politician. President Bush is advocating a strategy that has literally thousands of hours of work behind it's creation, and was recommended to him by the folks who would be making the same recommendations to a President Kerry. Like it or not, that's the way things work. I can't say it any plainer than that. A big bunch of military and defense people were charged with creating a warplan for homeland defense. We did that. We continue to refine it. We would have presented the same plan to President Mickey Mouse. It doesn't matter who sits in the office, unless they choose to reject what they are given as a reply. and, I have to say that is probably not a wise choice.

As for success, this country has not been attacked since 9/11. 3/4's of AQ's leadership is dead or in prison. There is a global structure in place with the cooperation of most of the world to root out and destroy cells at their source...it goes on. We ain't doing too bad, folks. As for Iraq, don't blame me-never had any hand in that one until it was way after the fact.

There's nothing heroic about any of it. And I truly wish that we didn't have to consider any of it, after all I have a perfectly serviceable Iran and North Korea to idle away my time with. and I didn't mean to write a sympathy post, it's just how i view things now.

What I would like anyone reading this thread to come away with is that these things aren't created in a vacuum by a politician. President Bush is advocating a strategy that has literally thousands of hours of work behind it's creation, and was recommended to him by the folks who would be making the same recommendations to a President Kerry. Like it or not, that's the way things work. I can't say it any plainer than that. A big bunch of military and defense people were charged with creating a warplan for homeland defense. We did that. We continue to refine it. We would have presented the same plan to President Mickey Mouse. It doesn't matter who sits in the office, unless they choose to reject what they are given as a reply. and, I have to say that is probably not a wise choice.

As for success, this country has not been attacked since 9/11. 3/4's of AQ's leadership is dead or in prison. There is a global structure in place with the cooperation of most of the world to root out and destroy cells at their source...it goes on. We ain't doing too bad, folks. As for Iraq, don't blame me-never had any hand in that one until it was way after the fact.

17588[/snapback]

BiB,

Since you are a lot closer to any of this, perhaps you can help me with one of my major concerns. Iran seems relatively content to keep to themselves but North Korea is run by a true egomaniacal madman that HAS nuclear weapons. Do you and/or your team envision a scenario where he becomes a target? I would anticipate that in such a conflict, the loss of life would be staggering. I pray it never comes to this.

BiB,

Since you are a lot closer to any of this, perhaps you can help me with one of my major concerns.  Iran seems relatively content to keep to themselves but North Korea is run by a true egomaniacal madman that HAS nuclear weapons.  Do you and/or your team envision a scenario where he becomes a target?  I would anticipate that in such a conflict, the loss of life would be staggering.  I pray it never comes to this.

17635[/snapback]

You're pretty far off on Iran, unless you're talking about overt stuff. They've got their fingers in alot of nasty little pies.

BiB,

Since you are a lot closer to any of this, perhaps you can help me with one of my major concerns.  Iran seems relatively content to keep to themselves but North Korea is run by a true egomaniacal madman that HAS nuclear weapons.  Do you and/or your team envision a scenario where he becomes a target?  I would anticipate that in such a conflict, the loss of life would be staggering.  I pray it never comes to this.

17635[/snapback]

Take my word for it, Mike...you'll sleep better at night not knowing the answer to that question... <_<

BiB,

17635[/snapback]

That's an entirely different team, but has many of the same players. I really can't comment in any detail and stay out of jail. What I will say, is that most of the world is a target, to one degree or another, and the various possibilities are considered and planned for. Another thing I can safely say is that the foremost goal of any strategy focuses on deterrence above anything else. It's pretty well up to him as to what happens.

The death toll is now well over 200. mostly children.

To all on this board who say this was not done by islamic extremists, get your heads out of your ass. these are OBL's in the making.

Strapping explosives to their bodies and taking children hostage does nothing for their cause. And when they do so in the name of the almighty Allah it disgraces everyone in that religion. I have been saying for years now…until the normal people of that faith raise up and condemn these bastards…nothing will change. In fact it will surely get worse.