[closed]Rapoport: Marrone was going to get lucrative K extension

Fadingpain

Is this spin control leaked from Marrone's camp? For some reason, I don't believe this. If this is true, it is a serious knock on Pegula as new owner. Shows poor judgment. I just don't believe this is true.

Marrone, according to Rapoport, was in line to receive a lucrative contract extension from the Bills, as was his wish. What spooked the coach out of town was the uncertainty that went with a new front-office official entering the mix.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000452509/article/doug-marrone-decides-to-opt-out-of-contract-with-bills?campaign=Twitter_atn

Sounds like click-bait.

Don't disagree but read Rapoport's recent string of Twitter posts. He is adamant that Marrone is hot commodity around league and that the Bills absolutely would have given him a lucrative extension. He just didn't like the uncertainty surrounding an un-named "czar" coming into town, so he split.

I just don't believe this. It is funny how superficially the national media is reading the Marrone situation in Buffalo. They focus on the obvious stuff that an 8 year old could gather for a school report in 5 minutes.

"Best record in 10 years", "Winning season" etc...

They don't analyze with any level of nuance, like, almost all of our winning came as a result of a really solid defense led by an excellent defensive coordinator, none of which Marrone had a thing to do with.

Or...

The fact that Marrone was proven, consistently, to be a far below average game manager and field marshal. His spur of the moment decisions in games were atrocious.

We did a lot of winning this season despite Marrone, not because of him.

Don't disagree but read Rapoport's recent string of Twitter posts. He is adamant that Marrone is hot commodity around league and that the Bills absolutely would have given him a lucrative extension. He just didn't like the uncertainty surrounding an un-named "czar" coming into town, so he split.

I just don't believe this. It is funny how superficially the national media is reading the Marrone situation in Buffalo. They focus on the obvious stuff that an 8 year old could gather for a school report in 5 minutes.

They don't analyze with any level of nuance, like, almost all of our winning came as a result of a really solid defense led by an excellent defensive coordinator, none of which Marrone had a thing to do with.

Or...

The fact that Marrone was proven, consistently, to be a far below average game manager and field marshal. His spur of the moment decisions in games were atrocious.

Good point.

yes, st. doug, the pegulas were on their knees begging you to be the team's coach for life. yes, st. doug, you are the essential, irreplaceable genius coach. yes, st. doug, we all truly believe that.

this dude (and his agent) is determined to portray himself as some sort of jilted martyr lombardi. i despised him as a coach and think he sucks even more now.

Edited by Dirtbag

Or...

None of this makes the report less likely, unfortunately. I can believe the report, even if I don't want to because it suggests Pegula is not as tuned in as the average TBD poster.