I hate Jimmy Johnson

Bowl Winner

...this whole ESPN replay of us getting smashed in the Super bowl is a downer every damn year. They always replay us getting smacked with a-hole Johnson narrating how he had us and that he knew it would be easy.

Yes they had a great team, and yes Johnson coached them well, but to run up the score like a college game and then to show zero class after the fact is just maddening.

You never heard Joe Gibbs talk about us that way, or even Parcells. Johnson is a classless idiot who just like every other coach, cant win without the ponies. In fact I’ve never seen another super bowl replay that has the head coach talking about how great he is while totally disrespecting the opponent, AND the Bills were not the first or the last team in NFL history to get blown out.

If I were Ralph Wilson I would have issue with this type of portrayal. Its totally disrespectful, and totally unprofessional for the NFL to even let it be played on television like that. The most depressing thing about all of that is that the best Bills team ever fielded got pummeled in the big game over and over again. No wonder people think of us as a joke.

Just as a side note, this New England club that is touted as being so great wouldn’t have beaten those Cowboys either. It wouldn’t be close.

I actually brought this up last week...

While I'm usually not on the whole "respect" or "us against the world" bandwagon crap, I have to agree in this case.

It's disapointing that an otherwise intelligent Steve Sabol would pull such a shameless, garbage stunt. FYI - it has nothing to do with ESPN.

Dude, it's the facts. They kicked the crap out of us two years in a row.

Those Bills, while spectacular in the regualr season just couldn't get it done due to several factors. Poor coaching control of out of control players, ridiculous game planning, Kelly's ego, poor tackling, choking kicking. I could go on but what's the point.

Dude, it's the facts. They kicked the crap out of us two years in a row.

Those Bills, while spectacular in the regualr season just couldn't get it done due to several factors. Poor coaching control of out of control players, ridiculous game planning, Kelly's ego, poor tackling, choking kicking. I could go on but what's the point.

228243[/snapback]

Hey, there's no denying that the Bills stunk up those super bowls against Dallas. But Bowl Winner is right about the nfl films highlights of sb27. Jimmy Johnson is an arrogant prick and to have to listen to him pontificate about his team makes me sick to my stomach. The only enjoyable part is to hear him try to defend dumb a** Leon Lett after Beebe stripped the ball from him on the one yard line (the only play of worth from that game for my money).

I watched a lot of the NFL films SB highlights last Sunday on the nfl network and didn't see one other where the coach blathered on through the whole thing. Even when they miked Hank Stram during SB 4 they only used clips and he wasn't half the a** Johnson is. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Jimmy Johnson.

Hey, there's no denying that the Bills stunk up those super bowls against Dallas.  But Bowl Winner is right about the nfl films highlights of sb27. Jimmy Johnson is an arrogant prick and to have to listen to him pontificate about his team makes me sick to my stomach. The only enjoyable part is to hear him try to defend dumb a** Leon Lett after Beebe stripped the ball from him on the one yard line (the only play of worth from that game for my money).

I watched a lot of the NFL films SB highlights last Sunday on the nfl network and didn't see one other where the coach blathered on through the whole thing. Even when they miked Hank Stram during SB 4 they only used clips and he wasn't half the a** Johnson is.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Jimmy Johnson.

228279[/snapback]

The only enjoyable part is to hear him try to defend dumb a** Leon Lett after Beebe stripped the ball from him on the one yard line (the only play of worth from that game for my money).

228279[/snapback]

That was pretty funny...

"Leon was so excited about the possibility of scoring a TD, he forgot he wasn't in the endzone. That was just a shame, because he had worked so hard to get there".

I wonder if he was saying this with a straight face during recording sessions.

I remember when that assclown came up here with Miami his first year and in the first quarter he went for it on 4th and 1 from his OWN 30-yard line. On the road. The height of arrogance. They got stuffed and the Bills ended up winning the game. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Jimmy Johnson.

Hey, there's no denying that the Bills stunk up those super bowls against Dallas.  But Bowl Winner is right about the nfl films highlights of sb27. Jimmy Johnson is an arrogant prick and to have to listen to him pontificate about his team makes me sick to my stomach. The only enjoyable part is to hear him try to defend dumb a** Leon Lett after Beebe stripped the ball from him on the one yard line (the only play of worth from that game for my money).

I watched a lot of the NFL films SB highlights last Sunday on the nfl network and didn't see one other where the coach blathered on through the whole thing. Even when they miked Hank Stram during SB 4 they only used clips and he wasn't half the a** Johnson is.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Jimmy Johnson.

228279[/snapback]

Leon Lett was a big goof. Hes proved that over and over again just as many of the Plowboys have. Do you remember after one Bills Boys game; Emmit Smith was on the field with his niece, and he was talking to Thurman. He said to his nice that Thurman was the best running back in the NFL to the little girl. Now THAT was class.

Leon Lett was a big goof. Hes proved that over and over again just as many of the Plowboys have.  Do you remember after one Bills Boys game; Emmit Smith was on the field with his niece, and he was talking to Thurman.  He said to his nice that Thurman was the best running back in the NFL to the little girl. Now THAT was class.

228393[/snapback]

That was after SB28. As much as I hate the Cowboys, I never had a problem with Emmit. As a matter of fact, watching him rush for over 200 yards against the Giants in '93 when he played most of the second half and OT with a separated shoulder was one of the more impressive individual efforts I ever saw.

Yes they had a great team, and yes Johnson coached them well, but to run up the score like a college game and then to show zero class after the fact is just maddening.

228029[/snapback]

There was enough talent on that team that even a monkey could have coached it to a Super Bowl win. Jerry Jones proved this by firing Johnson and bringing in Switzer.