what kind of offensive player can play for the Bills?

BackInDaDay

personally, i believe its a player who needs very little coaching.

this staff has shown little in improving anyone's game.. in fact, the opposite seems true. perhaps this is at the heart of the FO's frustration with the coaches.. they believe they're handing them a roster that should compete at a higher level, yet one third of the team hasn't responded. I don't think there's a team in the league that doesn't have weaknesses, but the better coaches work around them each week. the rest use a lack of talent as an excuse.

would a stud QB and stud OGs help our offense? of course!

but the unfortunate reality is - anything less, won't.

i beg to differ. if we could have had a RB emerge consistently throughout the game we would have been much better off. of course, whether it was by play call that there was no running game or it was because the rb's were not capable of producing or it was the OL, we could have benefited the most from a run game.

this entire season was put upon kyle ortons arm, and early on it was enough. think of detroit and minnesota. those games were amazing games for him passing and we did run a little. cj spiller getting hurt really seemed to impact our offense - i find that abso!@#$inglutely amazing.

I might suggest that The Bills were going into the season with a question mark in regard to Jim Schwartz.

He answered resoundingly. We All can agree upon that .

We as a group also had some minor concerns about Special teams , the second third of Team. Okay we were flipping out about Crosman big time. me included.

Seems that has been solved.

This will be the offseason for the Offense.

However they get it straightened out i dont care.

But From Marrone down to Garrison Sanborn Bills better get on the same page and start making adjustments.

Monday should be a good time to start.

On another note Marrone called out the O line and everyone associated.

I think thats fine by me. This is the audition for each player and coach on Offense in my mind.

i beg to differ. if we could have had a RB emerge consistently throughout the game we would have been much better off. of course, whether it was by play call that there was no running game or it was because the rb's were not capable of producing or it was the OL, we could have benefited the most from a run game.

this entire season was put upon kyle ortons arm, and early on it was enough. think of detroit and minnesota. those games were amazing games for him passing and we did run a little. cj spiller getting hurt really seemed to impact our offense - i find that abso!@#$inglutely amazing.

Ok.. so add a stud RB to what they need.

Of course, I'm being facetious, but you're making my point. Their failure to field an effective offensive unit is perceived by many as the result of what they didn't have. I expect more from coaches - at any level - so I have to ask, why couldn't they succeed with what they had? sometimes the same answer satisfies both questions.. but I don't think that's the case, here.

Because i don't believe our below average production is due to below average talent.

Sure.. we have weak links.. and its the coaches responsibility to approach each game knowing how the opponent will try to leverage those weaknesses, in order to keep their exposure to a minimum. was putting the entire season on Orton's arm the correct choice for each team we faced? or was it the only choice these coaches could make because they remain stubbornly committed to an offensive system that cannot succeed as is?

so yeah.. if these coaches had superior talent at QB, O-line, and RB - their offense would put up points.

On another note Marrone called out the O line and everyone associated.

I think thats fine by me. This is the audition for each player and coach on Offense in my mind.

yep.. it's the player's fault.

see what I'm talkin about?

Of course, I'm being facetious, but you're making my point. Their failure to field an effective offensive unit is perceived by many as the result of what they didn't have. I expect more from coaches - at any level - so I have to ask, why couldn't they succeed with what they had? sometimes the same answer satisfies both questions.. but I don't think that's the case, here.

Because i don't believe our below average production is due to below average talent.

Sure.. we have weak links.. and its the coaches responsibility to approach each game knowing how the opponent will try to leverage those weaknesses, in order to keep their exposure to a minimum. was putting the entire season on Orton's arm the correct choice for each team we faced? or was it the only choice these coaches could make because they remain stubbornly committed to an offensive system that cannot succeed as is?

so yeah.. if these coaches had superior talent at QB, O-line, and RB - their offense would put up points.

If players were stacking the box and daring us to pass then I would agree, but they did not always stack the box and they wanted us to run because we could not run even when they only put 3 guys in their. Once we proved incapable of running anywhere on the field we had to pass. The D's knew it and didn't account for the run much, which is why we had several big plays sporadically.

D's were able to tee off on our pass, know Orton was only going to get a step drop or stand in shotgun. All the DL had to do was get to where the spot was that Orton would be while the other 8 guys covered routes and made him play only half of the field.

He isn't great and he did some awful things but he was a lame duck thrown to the crocodiles.

yep.. it's the player's fault.

see what I'm talkin about?

I thought i did.

It's an ugly combination of things that made the Offense degenerate.

Marrone. inside his office with all the key Offensive people under him. Spoke to them last Monday

WTF people !? what the hell was that ?

If players were stacking the box and daring us to pass then I would agree, but they did not always stack the box and they wanted us to run because we could not run even when they only put 3 guys in their. Once we proved incapable of running anywhere on the field we had to pass. The D's knew it and didn't account for the run much, which is why we had several big plays sporadically.

D's were able to tee off on our pass, know Orton was only going to get a step drop or stand in shotgun. All the DL had to do was get to where the spot was that Orton would be while the other 8 guys covered routes and made him play only half of the field.

He isn't great and he did some awful things but he was a lame duck thrown to the crocodiles.

as soon as he figured it out, everything changed. what was it ? 4 games in ? 3.

yes sir . why couldn't they run ? thats the answer. someone better figure that out up there.

You can't teach an offensive line that lacks the physical ability to be good run blockers to be good run blockers. There's been plenty off offensive players that can and have been good with any offense. Look at Mike Evans this year. 3 different crap QB's and he's still a candidate for ROY.