Ryans Last Stand

rumblefish

I never got the impression that Ryan knew much about the offensive side of the ball. It's easy to blame the GM, but that same GM apparently got him some pretty good defensive players. I think it's more likely that Ryan knows how to get top play from his defense but not the offense. DC is probably his best destiny.

He also got rid of both his very good cornerbacks which is a key component to Ryan's defense being successful...the GM kinda F'd him over on both sides of the ball...their secondary is brutal

I terrorized my mother with the "Schwartz gets HC job at Jets, Rex Ryan comes to Buffalo as DC" scenario the other day.

She hadn't even considered it. Now, I guess I made the scenario plausible enough for her to live in constant fear of this coming true. She hates the idea. Absolutely hates it.

Personally, I can't see how Rex and Doug get along. However, I can see how Buffalo would be at the top of Rex's list. And, I can see how Whaley would do this as a publicity thing as much as good coaching move. Meanwhile, Schwartz would get a solid D, and high draft picks to work with, and probably 3 years to turn things around. He might even get a new GM, which would allow him more autonomy. Not a bad look. Schwartz would be an even better fit for the Bears, "fix the D", etc.

Like it or not, the Bills are relevant in December for the first time in 10 years. Staying relevant next year...might include adding Rex. I mean, that single move does more than signing Mario Williams for Buffalo's media coverage. You know the media will be all over us at training camp, waiting for Rex and Doug to have their first fight. This is show business. And, Rex knows he needs to go to place that has a no-brainer D, so he can get his mojo back.

See? Rex to the Bills gets more plausible the more you think about it.

Sleep well. :devil:

He also got rid of both his very good cornerbacks which is a key component to Ryan's defense being successful...the GM kinda F'd him over on both sides of the ball...their secondary is brutal

i agree with that. At one point early in the season, Rex said he didn't need great CBs for his scheme to be successful. Well, he needs more than Darrin Walls and converted LB/Safety Antonio Allen. The Bills offense - yes that anemic unit - scored 74 pts on them in 2 games. Granted they drafted two guys who got hurt - mcdougle and milliner. But idzik was reportedly responsible for not signing Revis this year who actually wanted to play there. And DRC signed with the NYG because Idzik was too busy wooing Eric Decker. They sat on all that cap space this year and fielded junior varsity CBs.

vick and Geno have looked their worst against the Bills. In either case, neither coach has anyone decent to play QB.

Vick and Geno are certainly more TALENTED than Orton. I don't think there is any question about that. I'm not saying they are better QBs, but they do have physical talent.