My 10 cents on the game.....

BmarvB

Here we go.......

1) They were SUPPOSED to beat down a 1-6 team like this!

2) They could have beaten them worse than this if they would have capitalized on those early turnovers, but that's OK for THIS game - a win is a win is a win :)

3) I think Nate Hackett should take the open UB coaching spot. He's better suited for the Bulls right now than he is for the Bills.

4) Pass protection was adequate, run blocking is still an issue. But then again, the Jets do have a very good fromt seven (too bad that's ALL they have).

5) Don't be surprised to see Leodis McKelvin in the Pro Bowl. He really is having another good year.

6) Running game could still be more effective if the calls weren't so friggin predictable, and the run blocking was better.

7) Sammy watkins is the front runner for offensive ROTY (just don't F/N celebrate until AFTER you're in the endzone).

8) Say what you want about Orton, but do you really think we'd be 5-3 right now if Marrone didn't make the necessary change at QB?

9) The changing of the guard did help some.

10) Give Schwartz credit for the way he adjusted the defense to get a handle on Vick after he came in and gave the Jets a spark. For a moment, I thought he was going to bring them back to steal this game from us.

I almost felt sorry for Rex in this game. It was embarrassing offensive performance for the Jets. Seeing Michael Vick implode like that with fumbles and INTS all I could think of was early in his career with the falcons watching a game on Sunday Night football, Where Patrick, Maguire and Theismann were practically ejaculating in their praise of him like the second coming of Christ in football. That seems like a million years ago now.

2 yards per carry isn't going to win many games. Thankfully the Jets gift wrapped this one for us.

Harvin had 28 yards on 4 carries and he's only been there a week.

Why can't we get the ball to our fast guys in the running game?

There is more to the run game than hammering the ball between the tackles!

Frankly the QB performance is not Rex's fault, but at this point Rex is good as gone and he will make a great DC somewhere and I think he will get another HC opportunity in a couple years.

I agree on both points. Rex is a hell of a defensive coach who will be the hottest DC on the market after the Jets can him. He just didn't handle the offense very well - especially the QB situations. I can't help but feel for him, he deserves a better ending than this.

I agree on both points. Rex is a hell of a defensive coach who will be the hottest DC on the market after the Jets can him. He just didn't handle the offense very well - especially the QB situations. I can't help but feel for him, he deserves a better ending than this.

Idzik did not help much in finding help for their offense. Decker was overpaid and Harvin was a desperation play. Chris Johson is washed up and Ivory is not good enough to take over games. Too little too late for Rex and his staff.

Jets front office tanked this season. huge gaps in talent and tons of cap space. I guess next year they will get a new head coach and buy free agents up. Rex won't be there to watch. Hope they stink for years.

Idzik did not help much in finding help for their offense. Decker was overpaid and Harvin was a desperation play. Chris Johson is washed up and Ivory is not good enough to take over games. Too little too late for Rex and his staff.

Oh without a doubt, the front office failed badly. From 2 straight AFC championship game appearances to hoping for 2 wins this season warrants a housecleaning from the GM down/

Edited by BmarvB