When/if Crennel goes to the Browns

gantrules

Who is going to be the O and D coordinators for the Patsys? I haven't heard any names even in speculation, which to me is suprising considering we know Charlie is going to be gone.

And if these guys who get these jobs take over and take the Patsys to the SB again next year I'll proclaim the Pats as the best team ever.

The Pats will promote from within. DC will likely be their D-backs coach. OC will likely be promoted from within as well. They have a great organization there and like the people they have for obvious reasons.

Who is going to be the O and D coordinators for the Patsys? I haven't heard any names even in speculation, which to me is suprising considering we know Charlie is going to be gone.

And if these guys who get these jobs take over and take the Patsys to the SB again next year I'll proclaim the Pats as the best team ever.

223758[/snapback]

They talked about this on Mike & Mike in the mroning and it was speculated

that both coordinators will come from inside the club house.

They talked about this on  Mike & Mike in the mroning and it was speculated

223836[/snapback]

Did they? Darn I missed it.... I thought they were off until Jan 7th or something....maybe that's just on TV.

They talked about this on  Mike & Mike in the mroning and it was speculated

223836[/snapback]

The past few months (with the addition of XM radio) I have been listening to Mike and Mike when I travel. I find their show to be informative and entertaining. Although, now getting spoiled with most XM stations... there seem to be way to many advertisements on that show...

The past few months (with the addition of XM radio) I have been listening to Mike and Mike when I travel. I find their show to be informative and entertaining. Although, now getting spoiled with most XM stations... there seem to be way to many advertisements on that show...

223886[/snapback]

Skip Bayless was on Cold Pizza this morning. The guy is an intolerable jerk. He was saying that Sammy Sosa doesn't deserve to go to the hall of fame because all he could do was hit the long ball.

I'm not a Sammy fan, but a guy who is going to end up with 600 hrs and a .275 BA deserves to be in the hall. His numbers are already better than Eddie Matthews, Willie McCovey, Mike Schmidt, Willie Stargell and Harmon Killebrew.

223758[/snapback]

Im sure NE will get top level coordinators...remember there is no salary cap for hiring coaches so teams like NE will pay for the top coaches if need be.

From what I have heard The Pats will Be promoting Their DB coach to Defensive coordinator ((unless some other team makes him a coordinator & outbids the Pats - (He is a free agent coach))

Also from what I heard they would most likely promote their assistant OL coach to Offensive coordinator

Cronell is expected to bring the pats DL coach to Clevland & make him a coordinator

Miami is also considering hiring NE linebacker coach as their Defensive Coordinator

only thing I heard was the guy the pats wanna make there new DC might be leaving with weiss to be his DC...sure will be interesting to see what happens to the pats next year

224121[/snapback]

Why would he do that...Effectively he is getting the same job Defensive Coordinator. Would u rather coach the 3-timer super-bowl bound team

or a lowly Browns who have least amount of talent.

It'll also be interesting to see which, if any assistants Crennel and Weiss take with them. IMO the more the better...anything that helps weaken the enemy.

223804[/snapback]

Weiss already has his staff in ND set ........Crennel is rumored to be taking Pepper Johnson with him. .............Maybe Rusty Jones will be one of the Pats new coordinators?

Skip Bayless was on Cold Pizza this morning. The guy is an intolerable jerk. He was saying that Sammy Sosa doesn't deserve to go to the hall of fame because all he could do was hit the long ball.

I'm not a Sammy fan, but a guy who is going to end up with 600 hrs and a .275 BA deserves to be in the hall. His numbers are already better than Eddie Matthews, Willie McCovey, Mike Schmidt, Willie Stargell and Harmon Killebrew.

223909[/snapback]

They got their numbers without STEROIDS & CORKED BATS and with much better pitching.

I've heard that Jeff Davidson is the early favorite for OC, while Eric Mangini is the odds-on likely choice for DC.  Both are current Pats' assistants.

I thought Mangini was going to be the DC for sure. I recall Belichick refusing to let him interview to be the DC of some team last year, maybe the Raiders. However a recent report I read said that Nick Saban really wants Mangini, whose contract expires in February. Since he's been out-offering other teams for coaches (like Houck, Linehan, etc.), he's expected to make a significant offer to Mangini to be his DC. The question is whether Mangini wants the money, seeing as how the Pats are notoriously cheap with their assistant coaches and aren't likely to match Saban's offer?

I thought Mangini was going to be the DC for sure.  I recall Belichick refusing to let him interview to be the DC of some team last year, maybe the Raiders.  However a recent report I read said that Nick Saban really wants Mangini, whose contract expires in February.  Since he's been out-offering other teams for coaches (like Houck, Linehan, etc.), he's expected to make a significant offer to Mangini to be his DC.  The question is whether Mangini wants the money, seeing as how the Pats are notoriously cheap with their assistant coaches and aren't likely to match Saban's offer?

I think it's more likely that Saban goes after Dean Pees, the current Pats' LB coach. Pats have denied Saban the right to interview him at the moment, but I bet they'll allow it after the season. Saban and Pees coached together at LSU, I believe.

I think it's more likely that Saban goes after Dean Pees, the current Pats' LB coach.  Pats have denied Saban the right to interview him at the moment, but I bet they'll allow it after the season.  Saban and Pees coached together at LSU, I believe.

225511[/snapback]

Dean Pees?

God, that guy must have had a horrible youth.

I think it's more likely that Saban goes after Dean Pees, the current Pats' LB coach.  Pats have denied Saban the right to interview him at the moment, but I bet they'll allow it after the season.  Saban and Pees coached together at LSU, I believe.

I heard Pees' name being mentioned. I guess that (LSU) would be the connection because Pees has only coached in the NFL for a year. However I think Saban would want Mangini first, seeing as how: Belichick wants him to be his next DC, he'll be free to go wherever he wants after his contract expires, and Saban has the cash to throw at him. It will be an interesting situation to watch.

Actually now that I think about it, the interesting part is this: Saban is friends with Belichick. However Spielman and Huizenga are not. If I'm them, I'm looking at Mangini and wanting HIM, not Pees, for the reasons I mentioned above (contract up, Belichick's choice for DC, have the money to throw at him). But does Saban tell them "no way, I'm not screwing-over a friend" or does he say "screw friendship" and go after Mangini? Or are Spielman and Huizenga too dumb/weak to want Mangini and tell Saban to go after him? I don't know, but I DO know that I read that Saban might be interested in Mangini (I think from Len P), so there might be some fire with that smoke.