Very Disturbing...

Pretty disturbing for you guys, extremely disturbing in some of the cases quoted (getting convicted of distributing drugs when there is no proof of intent is way out there).

All in the name of a pretty pointless 'war' (the best way to encourage widespread use in recreational drugs is to make them illegal.........).

The 'war' on terror is chipping away on rights as well, but at least there is the case to be made there that some of the changes might end up doing some good (although that is debatable as well).

AD, I work with a person who comes from San Diego. He claims that fans are not allowed to eat, drink nor smoke in the parking lot of the stadium in which the Chargers play.

Could this be true?

223640[/snapback]

If that's the case, as much as I want to visit SD for a game, there's NO WAY I'd go there.

If that's the case, as much as I want to visit SD for a game, there's NO WAY I'd go there.

223667[/snapback]

Again, I dont know this to be true, but it IS scary.

I travel 900 miles round trip to see the Bills every year. Why would people do this if they are watching a game in police state setting?

is that a chargers rule or a city rule?

223730[/snapback]

Well, this same person claims that there is a parking lot across the street where people are allowed to enjoy themselves.

Again, I don't know this guy very well and do not assume that he is telling the truth. I hope that he isn't.

I have no idea about the Chargers ban - I'll find out this weekend (my buddy goes to a couple of games a year there). It wouldn't surprise me at all, as California tends to lead the world of retarded change.

The Padres were the first team to ban alcohol in the locker room, citing the possibility of liability if a player or other employee had something bad happen after imbibing on team time/property. Another example of liberty being raided because of overzealous lawyers and the lack of personal accountability.