41 Questions For Pegula To Ask The Dougs

great stuff OP, spot-on funny while being very relevant. Let's see what type of the Pegulas turn out to be; as an earlier poster mentioned, Sunday's loss to NE exposed some very troubling fundamental issues with this team:

• does Marrone see the very same things that all of us outside the team plainly see (crappy OC game plan, dubious personnel mgm't, questionable in-game mgm't, etc, ad nauseum)? If he does see these things, why doesn't he make the necessary changes? if he does not, we are in deep deep do-do;
  • why doesn't Marrone challenge his OC/DC to come up with better schemes (i.e., Hackett's misuse of Spiller, Schwartz's refusal to blitz NE esp. after Ridley was knocked out of the game)
  • this defense cannot be expected to win every game for the team
  • will Marrone lose the locker room if bad game plans are the norm and the depth of quality on this team continues to be squandered?
  • when will we see a better disciplined team that does not continue with a self-implosion of penalties? that starts at the top
  • if/when the Pegulas actually do hire an outside consultant, will they take action on whatever recommendations are made?
  • will the Pegula have the $$ & influence to hire a top-notch, big-name head coach?

Waiting too long to clean out with the Sabres should make Pegula more likely to look for outside help quicker, you would think.

And thanks to everybody for the kind words. Nice to know people remember the old Reporter days. It's been a while ...

Yep, this is great stuff. Particularly the Mike Williams questions:

--- What about that other receiver, the one you got for a sixth-round draft choice? Where was he on Sunday?

--- That's right. I remember seeing something about that on the Twitter. Seems like a bit of a jerk. Didn't you throw him off your team in college?

--- But then you traded for him?

And the Mario Williams "rotation" thing.

Excellent. And led me add my voice to the chorus praising your work. I was a big fan of BillsStuff in the (since sadly declining) Niagara Falls Reporter.

Same here. I always wondered what happened to you. Good to see you're still writing about the Bills.

Now, can you pick back up on the part where you always rated the wings at different places? I always loved that.

Edited by Rubes

Waiting too long to clean out with the Sabres should make Pegula more likely to look for outside help quicker, you would think.

One would think he'd be able to self-evaluate from what he did with the Sabres, take a 180, and act quickly.

One would think that he'd learn from the Rolston to Nolan transition, take a 180, and hire a big name coach when he does decide to act.

I think that he will take the path of least resistance and bow to public pressure.

Consistent with his m.o. so far, he'll wait for fan insurrection, give Schwartz a chance, and then hire Reich.

Edited by Franz Kafka

It was in '74 against the Dolphins, Marangi was a rookie, you are more correct than you think, it was 40 years ago and the player who caught the pass wore #40....JD Hill. We lost that game 35-28, there was a questionable defensive holding call that wiped out a 100 yard plus int return for a TD by Tony Greene early in that game. Baut bad calls against us were the norm back then especially when Shula was across the sidelines!

that's right! ...it s coming back to me now. i remember Lou Saban on the sidelines going absolutely ballistic at the refereeing. My dad didn't like it much either! I had nevver SEEN the Bills beat Miami and I remember thinking it was going to happen....but alas...

Same here. I always wondered what happened to you. Good to see you're still writing about the Bills.

Now, can you pick back up on the part where you always rated the wings at different places? I always loved that.

Thanks -- life with kids and other grown-up responsibilities has kept me home for most games the last few years. May be out in Buffalo for Sunday's game, though. I do miss hearing what fans are saying during the games, -- that provided a lot of column fodder. What paces have good game-day gatherings these days?

Thanks -- life with kids and other grown-up responsibilities has kept me home for most games the last few years. May be out in Buffalo for Sunday's game, though. I do miss hearing what fans are saying during the games, -- that provided a lot of column fodder. What paces have good game-day gatherings these days?

I could tell you which places in Salt Lake City, but I doubt that would be helpful for you.

Marangi how about Pat Toomay up ending Mercury Morris that caused a fumble. If I remember RW flipping out.

Morris' non-fumble was the year after Marangi's moment against the Dolphins, in a game that eliminated the Bills from the '75 playoff chase. First time I'd heard anyone use the 'so hot you could fry an egg on his neck,' from an announcer talking about Saban's freak-out. I remember being slightly freaked out by the image as a 7-year-old ...

Morris' non-fumble was the year after Marangi's moment against the Dolphins, in a game that eliminated the Bills from the '75 playoff chase. First time I'd heard anyone use the 'so hot you could fry an egg on his neck,' from an announcer talking about Saban's freak-out. I remember being slightly freaked out by the image as a 7-year-old ...

I was 8, and that's one of my earliest memories of the Bills.