Does anyone belive that Drew Bledsoe

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I could never see him getting half the votes needed. He'll never make it.

223425[/snapback]

I disagree; I think he's got a decent shot. As amazing as it might sound, outside of Buffalo (and possibly New England), people think Bledsoe is a very good QB. He's got a *great* reputation as a player, helped save two franchises (yes, Gillette Field was a direct result of DB, and we all know that he single-handedly revived interest in the Bills), is top 10 in nearly every passing category, has gone to two Superbowls, and has only been playing 12 years.

To compare to Testeverde, Bledsoe is only 5000 yards behind him, in six less seasons. Average TDs per season is 18.4 for DB, and only 14 for VT. Not even in the same ballpark.

I don't think he's a lock, but he's got a shot.

CW

If Drew stays healthy and wins a superbowl, he would be virtually certain to be enshrined in Canton.

This admittedly would be a tough road to pave.

223421[/snapback]

And if I broker an agreement between Palestine and Israel I will get a nobel peace prize

I disagree; I think he's got a decent shot.  As amazing as it might sound, outside of Buffalo (and possibly New England), people think Bledsoe is a very good QB.  He's got a *great* reputation as a player, helped save two franchises (yes, Gillette Field was a direct result of DB, and we all know that he single-handedly revived interest in the Bills), is top 10 in nearly every passing category, has gone to two Superbowls, and has only been playing 12 years.

223429[/snapback]

I love how losses are never Bledsoe's fault, but saving entire franchises he can do single-handedly.

I disagree; I think he's got a decent shot.  As amazing as it might sound, outside of Buffalo (and possibly New England), people think Bledsoe is a very good QB.  He's got a *great* reputation as a player, helped save two franchises (yes, Gillette Field was a direct result of DB, and we all know that he single-handedly revived interest in the Bills), is top 10 in nearly every passing category, has gone to two Superbowls, and has only been playing 12 years.

To compare to Testeverde, Bledsoe is only 5000 yards behind him, in six less seasons.  Average TDs per season is 18.4 for DB, and only 14 for VT.  Not even in the same ballpark.

CW

223429[/snapback]

dude, I think he was comparing him to Vinny facetiously

To compare to Testeverde, Bledsoe is only 5000 yards behind him, in six less seasons.  Average TDs per season is 18.4 for DB, and only 14 for VT.  Not even in the same ballpark.

CW

223429[/snapback]

He has good stats except for win %. And to be a HOF'er you need to be a winner.

I love how losses are never Bledsoe's fault, but saving entire franchises he can do single-handedly.

223433[/snapback]

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...r_sharp?mode=PF

It was a rather sad performance by Bledsoe (34.7 rating in the game), one of the troika of personalities who saved Patriots football in the early '90s along with owner Robert Kraft and former Patriots coach Bill Parcells.

CW

CW

223429[/snapback]

His stats are a joke! They are based on attrition. What NFL records does Drew hold? Most passes in a game-70. Yet he does not hold the record for most TDs or Yards in a game-nor come close. He also has the record for most attempts in a year-691 and he has the 3rd most attempts in a year- 636. Can you imagine the numbers any great QB could put up if they throw the ball 691 times in a year and 70 times in one game? The numbers that matter are completions, quarterback rating, touchdowns, offensive points and most importenly wins. 26-68 against teams with a winning record is pathetic. Drew sucks at all the catagorys that matter!

26-68 against teams with a winning record is pathetic.  Drew sucks at all the catagorys that matter!

223449[/snapback]

There it is.......that's the stat I was trying to think of earlier. That is horrible.