1st downs, 27 plays, 1.59 ypp, 3 turnovers, 2 sacks

Martifal

That's with Marrone going into the week declaring we need to get better on first down. 12 running plays for 20 yards and a fumble. 15 pass plays 4 receptions for 33 yards an interception, 2 sacks one strip fumble -10 yards. 27 plays for +43 yards 1.59 yards per first down attempt. God knows what would have happened if the coaching staff didn't work on getting better on first downs this week, what did they spend some extra time coaching up the secondary too!!!

I don't get how 1st down can be so difficult. You can probably use almost any play from the play book. It isn't like it is third and long and you have select plays to choose from.

That defense looked bad in the second half, but they looked tired too. After a 1st half where all the Pats points were off of turnovers, that probably killed a lot of their momentum. I think the defense can be cut some slack. They have been very good most of the year, so having one bad game shouldn't make us tear the defense apart

But that offense.... we need 2 new guards and a new QB. You put two adequet guards and a top 20 QB on this team and we would dominate the division and could challenge for the top of the afc.

1st down us a throw-away play for us...has been since Marrone and hackett got here. We should just ask the nfl if we can skip 1st down to reduce the risk of turnovers, injuries and penalties. We don't even try. I mean we have all week to prepare for our first play of the game in a huge game and was there a single person in the world that didn't know with 100 percent confidence that we were going to try to pound Spiller up the middle on the first play of the game? We had a chance to catch them off guard and we get a loss of 3 and end up going 3 and out.

Good teams win on 1st down. The Bills are not yet a good team. Far too many second and longs to get offensive production. Favorable matchups come in good down/ distance scenarios. Pats for example, seem to get in a lot of those. When the Bills are able to consistently get 2nd and 5, 2nd and 4, their production will go up. Probably won't happen with the current OG scenario. They need to be much better there.

For God's sake, don't do anything to throw the D off or with Sammy on first down!

I have not seen us attempt to run a single slant, bubble screen end around or maybe even….PLAY ACTION!

Just keep running CJ into Wood's ass and watch him bounce outside and get tackled for a loss/min gain outside the numbers.

It also seemed like close to 50% of our possessions, we ran it again on 2nd. Trash OC…Marrone is going to take the fall for it too.