JP on Outside the Lines

col_forbin

You ever play football?  You ever play Qb or RB, see something, and in the spur of the moment forget about it because you thought it was covered?

223305[/snapback]

Yes I have played. And no I haven't missed something like that. And I'm not a 12 year vet in the NFL playing for my team's playoff lives against second and third stringers. :w00t:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that.  That is why I said, best QB should be the QB.  Whether it be JP, Drew, or some 7th round rookie QB that we draft, or Jim Kelly decides to play again.  I don't want to suffer through a couple of season of someone learning who may or may not ever learn

223310[/snapback]

Well, even though this has not been publicly said, I think that it's most likely going to be that Drew and JP are weighted much differently. I really don't think JP is going to have to out-play Bledsoe in camp. Drew is a 12 year veteran. What JP needs to do is show improvement on a consistent basis and give them enough confidence that his upside will continue to develop throughout the season.

Well, even though this has not been publicly said, I think that it's most likely going to be that Drew and JP are weighted much differently. I really don't think JP is going to have to out-play Bledsoe in camp. Drew is a 12 year veteran. What JP needs to do is show improvement on a consistent basis and give them enough confidence that his upside will continue to develop throughout the season.

223314[/snapback]

And I have a problem with that. Did you ever watch this team with Todd Collins? I have I refuse to watch that stupidity again. I would rather have a chance to win, then let some young gun try to learn.

And I have a problem with that.  Did you ever watch this team with Todd Collins?  I have I refuse to watch that stupidity again.  I would rather have a chance to win, then let some young gun try to learn.

223315[/snapback]

Well, and I may be completely wrong about how they'll evaluate him. I'm just speculating. But we're not going to let a first round pick continue to ride the bench year after year......He's going to get to play at some point, and I'm not talking about just preseason games.

And yeah, I did watch Collins.......oddly enough, though, I remember sitting in the corner of the endzone at the '97 game against the Vikes. He threw a 30+ yard pass to Rimersma in stride for a TD. I remember my buddy and I looking at each other thinking, "damn, maybe this guy is for real!" lol He wasn't the second coming, but it sure was a nice pass :w00t:

Well, and I may be completely wrong about how they'll evaluate him. I'm just speculating. But we're not going to let a first round pick continue to ride the bench year after year......He's going to get to play at some point, and I'm not talking about just preseason games.

And yeah, I did watch Collins.......oddly enough, though, I remember sitting in the corner of the endzone at the '97 game against the Vikes. He threw a 30+ yard pass to Rimersma in stride for a TD. I remember my buddy and I looking at each other thinking, "damn, maybe this guy is for real!" lol  He wasn't the second coming, but it sure was a nice pass :w00t:

223316[/snapback]

If JP cannot ever get good enough to get off the bench, then yes he does stay there. I have no problem with that.

If JP cannot ever get good enough to get off the bench, then yes he does stay there.  I have no problem with that.

223318[/snapback]

Can you think of a first round QB who never started at least one regular season game?

I can think of plenty who never should have.  But did Drunkenmiller ever start for SF?

223321[/snapback]

lol......I don't know, man

JP has no track record in the NFL as of yet. Willis comes off like a complete potato head when he talks, yet I don't think many of us would choose to get rid of him. Bledsoe does have a track record. A crappy one.

223292[/snapback]

I don't think you judge the intelligence of someone just by how well they speak in public. That said, the intelligence of a running back is far less important than the intelligence of a quarterback.

The wonderlic tests are garbage, but I don't think it's a coincidence that the QBs score the highest and the RBs score the lowest in the NFL.

I don't think he did.

223323[/snapback]

Looks like he started one game for SF in '97 and played in three others that year.......Something tells me wasn't going to be starting too many games that year, though.

I don't think you judge the intelligence of someone just by how well they speak in public.

223324[/snapback]

Exactly my point.

Looks like he started one game for SF in '97 and played in three others that year.......Something tells me wasn't going to be starting too many games that year, though.

223325[/snapback]

My point exactly. Sometimes a team is smart enough to recognize their mistakes and not compound it by trying to force the proverbial square peg in the round hole.

My point exactly.  Sometimes a team is smart enough to recognize their mistakes and not compound it by trying to force the proverbial square peg in the round hole.

223330[/snapback]

You missed my point........Steve Young was the starter in SF both years Druckenmiller was there. Then Bill Walsh took over as GM and Druckenmiller was traded to Miami.

Either way, we'll find out what's up later in the year........lol

Yup, one losing record in three years is pretty crappy. :w00t:

Good to see the lynch mob mentality is alive and well at TBD/TSW.

CW

223335[/snapback]

What's his record against teams with winning records? I can't remember......

Besides, it can't really be called a lynch mob mentality anymore.....Drew's not the starter :w00t:

Can you think of a first round QB who never started at least one regular season game?

223319[/snapback]

Did Rich Campbell, the 6th pick in the 1981 draft ever start a game for GB? He was a 3rd stringer most of his career.

I did some research on recent picks & the closest I came was Jim Druckenmiller, who started 1 game as a rookie for SF & never started again

What's his record against teams with winning records? I can't remember......

223340[/snapback]

Against teams that made the playoffs this year, we were 3-4. Not the greatest, but certainly not terrible either.

Peyton Manning went 2-2 against playoff teams...

Breese (who I've read some want on our team) went 1-3 against playoff teams.

McNabb went 2-2.

Hell, Culpepper went 0-5 against playoff teams but eveyrone's quick to say he's great around here.

Puts things into a little perspective -- most teams had around the same winning percentage against good teams that we did. Of course, I know your next response will be "The teams we beat weren't good, even though they made the playoffs and we didn't," which we both know is complete BS. (it also shows that we had a pretty brutal schedule this year; then again, that's bound to happen when two teams in your division go to the playoffs; and yet we STILL had a winning record).

CW

Against teams that made the playoffs this year, we were 3-4.  Not the greatest, but certainly not terrible either.

Peyton Manning went 2-2 against playoff teams...

Breese (who I've read some want on our team) went 1-3 against playoff teams.

McNabb went 2-2.

Hell, Culpepper went 0-5 against playoff teams but eveyrone's quick to say he's great around here.

Puts things into a little perspective -- most teams had around the same winning percentage against good teams that we did.  Of course, I know your next response will be "The teams we beat weren't good, even though they made the playoffs and we didn't," which we both know is complete BS.  (it also shows that we had a pretty brutal schedule this year; then again, that's bound to happen when two teams in your division go to the playoffs; and yet we STILL had a winning record).

CW

223350[/snapback]

I'm talking about his record against winning teams....like, for his career.....the stat that BF or somebody posted a few months ago. It was shocking.

And yeah, beating the Rams and Sehawks isn't really all that impressive when you have ST and a D as good as ours.