JP on Outside the Lines

col_forbin

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Losman and Sam Wyche will be joined at the hip for the next few months. He's in good hands.

223052[/snapback]

Yeah, i saw the interview, but at first from a distance I thought ther were interviewing Rob Johnson! Man scarey!!!! :w00t:

Yeah I agree, but it was good  not to see him come out and start saying he is the starter. You know what I'm saying???

223051[/snapback]

Yeah, you mean like Bledsoe did just after getting his asss handed to him by the Steelers? When nobody else in the organization had said he would be the starter? Yeah, I know what you're saying :w00t:

Remember, Wyche is the one who scouted him at the "Manning" workout and sold the team on drafting him, insisting he had a better workout than Eli.

223112[/snapback]

yeah we all know how well a great workout tranlates into nfl success :w00t:

*cough cough erik flowers*

Not much to say other than he is getting ready to go back to Buffalo in a couple of weeks to start for next year.

223045[/snapback]

I saw the interview as well, and I'll be honest - that was about the only answer he gave that I really liked. He didn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed to me...

I saw the interview as well, and I'll be honest - that was about the only answer he gave that I really liked.  He didn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed to me...

223152[/snapback]

I have the same vibes about JP, when listening to him being interviewed. Hopefully this is just the way he comes across during an interview and means nothing in terms of his ability to be an NFL starting QB.

PS The surfer dude look reminds me whay too much of RJ. Any chance he can come to camp with a brush cut instead. :w00t:

Yeah,  you mean like Bledsoe did just after getting his asss handed to him by the Steelers? When nobody else in the organization had said he would be the starter? Yeah, I know what you're saying :w00t:

223123[/snapback]

Yeah how dare Drew miss that 28 yarder, or allow a 3rd string RB to get 100 yards on them in the 4th quarter, or a 4th string Qb to look like Payton Manning in the 4th, running 10 minutes in one drive. Yup all Drew's fault.

Our defense allowed 16 points, forced 3 turnovers, and scored a TD in that game While Drew alone scored 10 points for the Steelers.

It wasn't all Drew's fault but, I would say a majority of it was.

223209[/snapback]

Yeah I fogot it was Drew's fault that he was blindsided and fumbled.

Actually go watch the game again. It was a major coaching screw-up. They were coached not to lose, and they did. While some of the earlier games were Drew's fault, Pittsburgh was squarely on the coaches, period.

Now whether JP can win or not, I don't know. I will support and hope he does well, but to this point in preseason , the NE game and the few other times he has been in, he has either just been a snap taker/handoff QB, or has looked pretty damn bad.

Yeah how dare Drew miss that 28 yarder, or allow a 3rd string RB to get 100 yards on them in the 4th quarter, or a 4th string Qb to look like Payton Manning in the 4th, running 10 minutes in one drive.  Yup all Drew's fault.

223203[/snapback]

Completely not the point. The point is that Bledsoe claimed it was his team next year, even though he had just crapped the bed as the QB of a team that lost to the Pitt JV. I posted about it when it happened and said that Drew was arrogant for just assuming it was still his team, even though TD had said every position and player would be evaluated. Who looks like the horse's asss now? This is anything but Drew's team. Drew was wrong for saying it, I called him on it, and now he's about to either be cut or demoted.

Completely not the point. The point is that Bledsoe claimed it was his team next year, even though he had just crapped the bed as the QB of a team that lost to the Pitt JV. I posted about it when it happened and said that Drew was arrogant for just assuming it was still his team, even though TD had said every position and player would be evaluated. Who looks like the horse's asss now? This is anything but Drew's team. Drew was wrong for saying it, I called him on it, and now he's about to either be cut or demoted.

223216[/snapback]

Again, let's wait and see. I don't see JP being ready, and I know this doesn't seem a popular decision. I don't know if Drew will be back next year. If Drew is gone, I hope the Bills get someone else in here, because I personally do not trust JP at this time.

Like I said, I will support him and cheer for him. But if by game 6 he still looks like a second string Pop Warner Qb, like this year, I will be screaming bloody murder.

Yeah I fogot it was Drew's fault that he was blindsided and fumbled. 

Actually go watch the game again.  It was a major coaching screw-up.  They were coached not to lose, and they did.  While some of the earlier games were Drew's fault, Pittsburgh was squarely on the coaches, period. 

Now whether JP can win or not, I don't know.  I will support and hope he does well, but to this point in preseason , the NE game and the few other times he has been in, he has either just been a snap taker/handoff QB, or has looked pretty damn bad.

223212[/snapback]

VA,

There were some things in that game that other players/coaches screwed up, but if you don't put most of the blame on DB you're mistaken.

The "blind side" play was not from his blind side, and I would guess that DB was one of about six people in the stadium that didn't see it coming.

He panicked and threw balls right in to the hands of two defenders at other times (one of them dropped the ball).

The 100 4q yards the D gave up were mostly on one play. That's not an excuse for the ridiculous play, but the stats are a bit skewed.

Lindell stinks and his miss didn't help.

I saw the interview as well, and I'll be honest - that was about the only answer he gave that I really liked.  He didn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed to me...

223152[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly, I don't think we will find JP on Jeopardy anytime soon. :w00t:

I didn't see the interview but, what about his interview gave you those vibes?

223205[/snapback]

I didn't see the interview the other poster spoke of. I was just referring to interviews I have seen over the last year here in Buffalo. Like I said in the previous post, it's probably nothing more than the just the way he comes across when being interviewed. Laid back, California kid, not super articulate, etc...

VA,

There were some things in that game that other players/coaches screwed up, but if you don't put most of the blame on DB you're mistaken.

The "blind side" play was not from his blind side, and I would guess that DB was one of about six people in the stadium that didn't see it coming. 

He panicked and threw balls right in to the hands of two defenders at other times (one of them dropped the ball).

The 100 4q yards the D gave up were mostly on one play.  That's not an excuse for the ridiculous play, but the stats are a bit skewed.

Lindell stinks and his miss didn't help.

223227[/snapback]

Oh I know the play, it was an overload to the right side.

However, the coaches were doing a lot of stupid things like limiting our offense and letting Pitt know what we were doing. On any 3rd and over 7, it seemed mcgahee came out and Burns was in for his "blocking" skills. That meant the D knew to overload a side as Drew was going to pass.

You leave Mcgahee in and they have to protect the screen, or even him going out, or forbid a draw play.

The coaching sucked in that game, and our D coaching adjusted poorly.