Week 6 Flex Help

Matt in KC

I landed Andre Williams on the waiver wire, so I'm starting him (and Lynch). This leaves me conflicted who to play for my 2 WRs and flex positions in my .5 PPR league.

Who do I not play?

* Percy Harvin (vs. Dallas) <-- I think they'll work to get him his TD this week

*T.Y. Hilton (@ Houston) <-- 12 targets last week

* Kelvin Benjamin (@ CIN) <-- 11 targets last week

* Fred Jackson (vs. New England) <-- he's been getting ~100 yards the last 3 weeks...

Also, I have Reggie Bush, who I've ruled out.

Thanks

-Matt

Tough to not start Benjamin, but I think the Panthers are walking into an angry buzz saw in Cincinnati. That said, Benjamin will definitely get his targets and red zone looks.

I think I would start Benjamin/Hilton/FJax. I think Fred has a big week. No so sold on Harvin in that offense. He is so boom or bust, but mostly bust.

TY has been getting a ton of targets every week, hard to ignore him. And Benjamin is by far the main WR target in NC. so i would play those 2 at WR. as for flex, it all depends on FJ's health. I haven't heard too much about the ankle, but it is a concern. I would still go FJ over Harvin though, Fred gets at least 1 TD this week...

With this news, I'm thinking of benching TY Hilton. Given his forte is the long ball, I don't know how much time Luck will have to pass. Thoughts?

Colts to be without starting guards against Texans

by Marty Gitlin | CBSSports.com

(2:30 pm ET) Colts starting guards Jack Mewhort and Hugh Thornton will not be their starting guards Thursday against Houston. Both are out with injuries.

That could prove problematic considering the presence on the opposite side of Houston stud defensive end J.J. Watt.

Mewhort will miss his second straight game with an ankle injury. Thornton has been red-lighted with a back issue.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/playernews

Thanks for the responses so far. I really can see an argument for benching any of these guys.

Even though the game tonight has started and Hilton has almost 100yds with only 5 minutes gone, I would have said Hilton and Jackson. I heard a little while ago that Harvin is injured. Check on him. I'm not a fan of Benjiman this week because I think the Bengals D has a bounce back game.

I played Hilton after I researched and saw the guards that were out haven't made much difference to the Colts and that Hilton caught a lot of short passes last week and tacked on YAC.

Even though the game tonight has started and Hilton has almost 100yds with only 5 minutes gone, I would have said Hilton and Jackson. I heard a little while ago that Harvin is injured. Check on him. I'm not a fan of Benjiman this week because I think the Bengals D has a bounce back game.

Yeah, with Jackson and Harvin dinged, I felt comfortable with my decision to start Hilton. (And now that he has played, yeah, I guess I'm okay with it....) This way, if it seems like either one of those guys is not really 100%, I can sit them.

But at the same time I say that, I keep thinking I should sit Benjamin. With DeAngelo Williams out, and Greg Olson hurt, should I shy away from KB because the defense can more easily focus on him, or is that offset by the offense also needing to focus on him?

I think Fjax is safer. You know he's going to get his check down catches. He may not blow up with a lot of points but he is definitely going to get his touches. As far as Benjiman goes, I guess I tend to shy away from players on the road against tough D's.

Who would you start between V.Cruz and Sanu? I love the fact that Green is out and Carolina's pass D is not great. Cruz has been scaring me this year. It seems all of a sudden Eli has too many options there between Randle, Beckam , O'Donnel. I'm thinking Sanu is the safer pick. Hell the guy can even toss it for a score.

Edited by Dante

I think Fjax is safer. You know he's going to get his check down catches. He may not blow up with a lot of points but he is definitely going to get his touches. As far as Benjiman goes, I guess I tend to shy away from players on the road against tough D's.

Who would you start between V.Cruz and Sanu? I love the fact that Green is out and Carolina's pass D is not great. Cruz has been scaring me this year. It seems all of a sudden Eli has too many options there between Randle, Beckam , O'Donnel. I'm thinking Sanu is the safer pick. Hell the guy can even toss it for a score.

Yeah, if Fred sounds healthy, I'm likely to play him. I agree he's safer (if healthy), and TY Hilton sends me into the week with an advantage.

I was thinking about Sanu and how it's a similar situation with Green out. But unlike Benjamin, I don't think the defense can focus as much on him. Or can they double him all day? Who else does Cinci have at WR besides Green and Sanu anyway?

I think Sanu is safer, especially with any PPR; Cruz has higher risk+reward, and might really go off. The Eagles are allowing the 4th most yards/game to opposing WRs so far, 197, and can't focus on him as much as the other guys we're talking about.

Congrats Johnny Hammersticks and ricojes, you made the right call, to sit Harvin. I on the other hand sat Benjamin. In the end it didn't matter for me; I got smoked by the top team this week which started McCoy, J. Bell, Oliver, J. Nelson, Sanu, Cardinals etc..

I hope you played Sanu, Dante. And sorry about Cruz.

Congrats Johnny Hammersticks and ricojes, you made the right call, to sit Harvin. I on the other hand sat Benjamin. In the end it didn't matter for me; I got smoked by the top team this week which started McCoy, J. Bell, Oliver, J. Nelson, Sanu, Cardinals etc..

I hope you played Sanu, Dante. And sorry about Cruz.

Did play Sanu on two teams. Cruz wasn't doing much anyway. Going to pick up Randle to replace him. Not a big deal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.