Teddy Bridgewater 1st NFL start...

Kellyto83TD

How many people on here were pining for Bridgewater pre-draft? My recollection is that it was precious few.

I watched this game because I bet on it. The Bridge was dynamite. He threw the ball downfield often & accurate. For his first start, he was simply overwhelming. I was obviously impressed. Our guy on the other hand - whew. Will he ever become accurate? I don't know.

63.3% completion rating, 317 yards. No TD, No INT. But 300 yards? That is something EJ has yet to do. But EJ is learning like Teddy right?

Time to feed the troll known as Kellyto83TD...in EJs second start he threw a few yards short of 300 and led a game winning drive the length of field damn near with time outs against one of the top rated defenses. His second game. And he was Rookie of the Week that week.

So who cares about Terrys first game. And who cares about anything you say as you only have one dialogue and one agenda at all times.

How many people on here were pining for Bridgewater pre-draft? My recollection is that it was precious few.

It was reasonable to think that 6-7 QBs in this year's draft were better than EJ. In fact, that's what many draft analysts said at the time (Casserly, Brandt, etc.)

I didn't want Bridgewater, but I thought he has a better chance to be a good pro QB than EJ. I also think that's true of Terrel Pryor, who is similar to EJ in accuracy but much, much better on the ground.

let's just pick a QB with every pick next year. it's our only chance

That's actually really foolish given the resources you need to devote to the position. You're no better for passing on the next Tom Brady than you are for passing on the next Antonio Gates, or more realistically, the kind of depth you need at positions like LB and OL to survive in the NFL. You build your team and there are usually only 3 quarterback slots at best, with only one of them on the field at any given time.

Every other year could make sense, especially given injuries, and I would probably not go longer than every 3.

From what I saw, the Vikings' offensive game plan was brilliant. Good balance between running and passing. Used a power running game to shred Atlanta's defense, then mixed in mostly conservative passes over the middle. Patterson was used mostly as a decoy, Jennings had a few downfield targets, but the RBs and some unknown rookie WR got most of the work using screens and short- to mid-range crossing patterns. Patterson is one of my fantasy WRs and it was pissing me off how many times he would get open downfield and Bridgewater wouldn't even look at his side of the field. Just goes to show that an experienced coaching staff can give kids a chance to succeed by having the right gameplan. Unfortunately, we are dealing with amateurs in Buffalo.

It was reasonable to think that 6-7 QBs in this year's draft were better than EJ. In fact, that's what many draft analysts said at the time (Casserly, Brandt, etc.)

I didn't want Bridgewater, but I thought he has a better chance to be a good pro QB than EJ. I also think that's true of Terrel Pryor, who is similar to EJ in accuracy but much, much better on the ground.

I think it's pretty unreasonable to say 6-7. 4-5, possibly. We haven't seen Garropolo, Carr is no great shakes yet and now is injured badly, and Manziel is going to be a total wild card when he sees the field, though he is a higher upside talent IMO.

Nobody outside of Buffalo thinks EJ was a better prospect or has more potential than Bridgewater. Not a single person. We are the only team that believed in EJ. As many people on this board predicted, our front office was totally wrong, and it sucks. Hopefully they use better discretion the next time around.

63.3% completion rating, 317 yards. No TD, No INT. But 300 yards? That is something EJ has yet to do. But EJ is learning like Teddy right?

Right, in his first game he played well. We'll see how it holds up. I guess EJ's 296 yards and 69% completion rate in week 2 last year mean he's on his way to the Pro Bowl.

The real question is, how did Jordan Palmer look throwing on BuffaloBills.com

Right, in his first game he played well. We'll see how it holds up. I guess EJ's 296 yards and 69% completion rate in week 2 last year mean he's on his way to the Pro Bowl.

The real question is, how did Jordan Palmer look throwing on BuffaloBills.com

He looked like a real dumb-ass. Wait, which person are we talking about here?

That's actually really foolish given the resources you need to devote to the position. You're no better for passing on the next Tom Brady than you are for passing on the next Antonio Gates, or more realistically, the kind of depth you need at positions like LB and OL to survive in the NFL. You build your team and there are usually only 3 quarterback slots at best, with only one of them on the field at any given time.

Every other year could make sense, especially given injuries, and I would probably not go longer than every 3.

This is dated, still the value of every other position compared to QB is minimum according to guys in the business of making money http://grantland.com...value-in-vegas/

Edited by Section242