Bills are a very physical team, every move is being contested violentl

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My father said during the 1980 season, when it was our first good team in awhile - that good teams don't get hurt, they hurt the other team.

That '80 team was relatively injury free. Jeff Nixon was the only one who went down and luckily Chuck Knox coaxed Bill Simpson out of retirement.

So far, this is what this team is doing. Knocking on wood!

Your father's a smart man, my version given to me was you're either getting hurt or giving the hurt but I like yours better.

Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

My father said during the 1980 season, when it was our first good team in awhile - that good teams don't get hurt, they hurt the other team.

That '80 team was relatively injury free. Jeff Nixon was the only one who went down and luckily Chuck Knox coaxed Bill Simpson out of retirement.

So far, this is what this team is doing. Knocking on wood!

Unfortunately, Fergy's gimpy ankle was that team's undoing in the playoffs at San Diego. They were poised to knock off that high-powered Dan Fouts-led squad & 'Air Coryell' but fell, 20-14. I really believe that had he been healthy, they would've won that game and gone to the Super Bowl. The Bills' 'Bermuda Triangle' D was absolutely fantastic...SB caliber. One of the most disappointing Bills losses ever.