Kendryck Vincent (LG/RG) will be available.

PIZ

Pittsburgh Live

Steelers unrestricted free agent Keydrick Vincent, who started 27 games at left and right guard the past two seasons, met with coach Bill Cowher this week and became convinced that he has played his last game in Pittsburgh.

"Basically, he told me good luck with everything, a lot of (teams) will be interested in me and Kendall Simmons is going to be the starting right guard next season," Vincent said.

"I thanked him and said, 'I guess it's time for me to see if I can play for another team.'

"It hurts, but Kendall is their guy. I didn't want it to be that way, but, evidently, they don't have plans for me."

According to STATS, Inc., he allowed 0.5 sacks this year in 16 games started.  I don't know why the Steelers are so quick to kick him to the curb, though?!

221414[/snapback]

he only started because kendall simmons went down for the season in training camp........now that he's coming back next year they don't have a spot available for him, with faneca (sp?) on the other side also a probowl talent.......vincent is a very solid starter, they just don't have room for him in PIT.........

he only started because kendall simmons went down for the season in training camp........now that he's coming back next year they don't have a spot available for him, with faneca (sp?) on the other side also a probowl talent.......vincent is a very solid starter, they just don't have room for him in PIT..........

He's an UFA. I guess that's the reason (i.e. that they can't afford to bring him back). I say make a play for him.

Would love to have this guy come in and play LG for us! If we can somehow find a way to re-sign Jonas to a "fair" deal and have Price and Tucker off the bench to fill in as primary reserves at OT and G/C, we would be in much better shape! Hey, Vincent isn't Faneca but he ain't all bad either. That would give the pups another year to mature while serving as backups. This list would include McFarland-LT, Peters-RT, Smith-G, Bannan-G and Sobieski-G/C. Maybe a G/C will be added through the draft as well.

Late

wtf? this post should be deleted!

why are you posting about a possible free agent that we actually may be able to sign? you've been here long enough to know that we're going to sign walter jones, orlando pace, and trade for randy moss :D

seriously, this is someone worth taking a look at if we resign jonas. if we don't resign jonas we'll have a bigger need at T than at G. but if we resign jonas and pickup Vincent...

Jonas, Vincent, Tucker, Villariel, Williams

that would open some nice holes for willis :w00t:

wtf? this post should be deleted!

why are you posting about a possible free agent that we actually may be able to sign?  you've been here long enough to know that we're going to sign walter jones, orlando pace, and trade for randy moss :D

seriously, this is someone worth taking a look at if we resign jonas.  if we don't resign jonas we'll have a bigger need at T than at G.  but if we resign jonas and pickup Vincent...

Jonas, Vincent, Tucker, Villariel, Williams

that would open some nice holes for willis :w00t:

221705[/snapback]

You know we have a chance to sign him when:

The 2nd post in the thread is: "I've honestly never heard of this guy before"