What about Russ Brandon?

montanafan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the basis for everyones thoughts that the NFL "loves him". I know Ralph obviously did but what was the genesis of this?

If by "everyone" you mean me, I can tell you that the other owners are extremely happy with the job he did in keeping Buffalo very profitable (with respect to the NFL landscape) despite being in a small, waning market.

Well, I think all three guys.....Brandon, Whaley and Marrone have the new owner eventuality covered in their contracts. Big money if they are let go....and , if let go, all three will land on their feet elsewhere in the NFL. I think Whaley is the best comodity aroudn the league, and the best candidate to be retained. Marrone, as stated above, survives if the record gets better this year and the team looks better....they didn't look better last year vis a via Chan Gailey teams(at least overall, yes the D was way better) Pegula put his own guy in right away at the Sabers as President (Black), and I might expect the same here. His guy will be overall in charge, although it might be just the finance guy. (adios to Wilsons cohort here, although a handoff will occur to train the new finance guy in the capinomics etc)

All in all, nothing but at the very top for the remainder of this season.