Football Outsiders: Bills AFC East Division Favorites

26CornerBlitz

we can only hope so. I hope Schwartz challenges his inner Pettine for this Fish game; pettine really seemed to have their number last yr.

Agreed.

Watching the Bears game had me thinking of Pettine at times . Fondly . No knock on JIm S . But...

I am sure most of us would agree J S is no slouch , understands the game with the best of them and can adjust quickly. Maybe faster then Mike would have .

I am pretty excited to see how he uses all these weapons against the Dolphins .

Any body count how many blitzes against the Bears , there were times i saw him bring six and was surprised. Shook Cutler pretty well , and thats what works right ?

Pressures ftw

Edited by 3rdand12

Agreed.

Watching the Bears game had me thinking of Pettine at times . Fondly . No knock on JIm S . But...

I am sure most of us would agree J S is no slouch , understands the game with the best of them and can adjust quickly. Maybe faster then Mike would have .

I am pretty excited to see how he uses all these weapons against the Dolphins .

Any body count how many blitzes against the Bears , there were times i saw him bring six and was surprised. Shook Cutler pretty well , and thats what works right ?

Pressures ftw

I remember thinking they did get any pressure on the first drive... But that faded away quickly

The best way to assure you make the playoffs is to win your divisional games, especially the ones at home. This game came at the perfect time on the schedule.

That's not what I read on these pages.

Is AFC East now wide open?

The Bills could be the biggest Wild Card of the AFC East. The Bills had one of the most disruptive defenses in the NFL last season, especially on passing plays, trailing only the Seahawks in opponent Total QBR.

The Bills’ big weakness last season was their offense as rookie EJ Manuel struggled to stay healthy.

In Week 1 Manuel completed a career-high 72.7 percent of his passes, including 5 of 7 of his attempts thrown at least 15 yards downfield. Last season Manuel ranked 33rd completing those passes (38.1 percent).

I remember thinking they did get any pressure on the first drive... But that faded away quickly

He went with four as predicted . Mario got the one but that was coverage and Kyle getting in his face and pushing the pocket.

He did bring blitzes, such as Spikes a couple of times.

Still some work to do. But plenty of potential. Plenty